• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok, so now that we know 100% that QB will be our pick in rd 1.. Let’s talk about our 2nd biggest need, WR. Who do we love in the 2nd?

panthersgreenville

On 10/19/2022 at 8:54 AM, Jon Snow said:

WR is not our second biggest need. We need pass rushers and hog mollies on the dline. We also need a TE the can catch. But most of all we have to rebuild the qb room.

I agree, WR is definitely not our second biggest need.  We do need to find out what we have in Marshall.  I think we need another DE to pair with Burns.  Doesn't need to be all world, just a solid DE.   If we end up with another first round pick, DE is the route we should go assuming there is a good one available.  

Regarding Tight Ends, imo it's nearly impossible to judge how good or bad they are given that we are such a terrible team at passing the ball.  I would give whomever the new coach is a year or so to make that assessment if it were up to me.  

We may need another running back, if CMC is traded. 

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

I think Young will definitely drop and Stroud could drop closer to draft day.

There are some beastly DEs coming out this year and teams love them like they do QBs.

Drafting Young in the second or third to compete with Corral, that's the move.

The top pass rusher just got manhandled by Tennessee's LT last weekend.  I'm not sure any of them warrant the top pick in the draft.

15 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Who? Not this guy. This guy will move UP the draft board as he should. He's a beast. 6'5" 275lbs 4.5 40.

Screenshot_20221020-163059~2.png

Anderson from Alabama is the current number 1 pass rusher.  It looks like Murphy is ranked 6 in overall on that site you are looking at.  It needs to be a Peppers, or Chase Young to be a definite number 1 overall pass rusher IMO.

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Anderson from Alabama is the current number 1 pass rusher.  It looks like Murphy is ranked 6 in overall on that site you are looking at.  It needs to be a Peppers, or Chase Young to be a definite number 1 overall pass rusher IMO.

6'5" 275lbs running 4.5 IS Peppers.

Being the Panthers somebody will suck worst than us for that #1 so I'd put my hopes on a top ten instead of going full #1.

Edited by rippadonn

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Being the Panthers somebody will suck worst than us for that #1 so I'd put my hopes on a top ten instead of going full #1.

Peppers has 30.5 sacks, 167 tackles, 5 interceptions, 5 forced fumbles, 13 passes deflected, 3 TDs, and 42 QB pressures in 3 years of college play.  They are not the same player... not even close.

Just now, rippadonn said:

He's no Julius Peppers.  He's got a lot potential to be great in the league though. 

He's too raw to be the 1st pick.  But he is good. I would have to see who he's competing with for best overall DE to say whether or not I would take him in the top 10.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

He's no Julius Peppers.  He's got a lot potential to be great in the league though. 

He's too raw to be the 1st pick.  But he is good. I would have to see who he's competing with for best overall DE to say whether or not I would take him in the top 10.

Nobody will live up to Peppers. Does his size, speed, motor, aggression, athleticism translate to the next level?

He's prototype, he's big, he's fast, he's strong and everybody has a tough time blocking him on the college level. He gets sacks and forced fumbles. Do all those qualities make you a top ten DE?! YES. All day. Every day.

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

Nobody will live up to Peppers. Does his size, speed, motor, aggression, athleticism translate to the next level?

He's prototype, he's big, he's fast, he's strong and everybody has a tough time blocking him on the college level. He gets sacks and forced fumbles. Do all those qualities make you a top ten DE?! YES. All day. Every day.

One man's treasure is another man's trash...or something like that.  It doesn't matter anyway because the Panthers are going qb.

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

One man's treasure is another man's trash...or something like that.  It doesn't matter anyway because the Panthers are going qb.

or a jets receiver.....

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Elijah Moore has requested a trade, but that the Jets have "no plans" to move him. 

Moore was absent from Thursday's practice for personal reasons. We now know that reason was no longer wanting to be on the New York Jets. Already off to a poor start this season — he has yet to exceed 53 yards — Moore's usage has spiraled since the Jets reinserted Zach Wilson under center and gone run heavy. Moore's lone Week 6 target didn't even show up in the box score because it was erased by penalty. In theory, the Jets — who famously refused to trade Denzel Mims until he had no value left — would be smart to move on, but teams developing young quarterbacks aren't usually in the business of shedding skill talent. Perhaps the end result will be Moore being a Week 7 squeaky wheel vs. Denver's tough defense.  

Edited by TheCasillas

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

or a jets receiver.....

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Elijah Moore has requested a trade, but that the Jets have "no plans" to move him. 

Moore was absent from Thursday's practice for personal reasons. We now know that reason was no longer wanting to be on the New York Jets. Already off to a poor start this season — he has yet to exceed 53 yards — Moore's usage has spiraled since the Jets reinserted Zach Wilson under center and gone run heavy. Moore's lone Week 6 target didn't even show up in the box score because it was erased by penalty. In theory, the Jets — who famously refused to trade Denzel Mims until he had no value left — would be smart to move on, but teams developing young quarterbacks aren't usually in the business of shedding skill talent. Perhaps the end result will be Moore being a Week 7 squeaky wheel vs. Denver's tough defense.  

Confused Robin Hood Men In Tights GIF

• Flames 1