• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now that Robbie is gone, who is (or who should be) our #2 receiver?

SCO96

I was never overly impressed by Robbie Anderson. I didn't hate the guy, but I did think the amount of his contract extension was questionable with the drafting of TMJ the same offseason. Robbie is no longer in the equation. Who should get the start opposite of DJ this week?  

I say TMJ. We passed on a solid bunch of lineman in the 2nd round with the trade downs in 2021. So far we have nothing to show for it. I really want to see what he can do as a starter.

Or do you go with Shi or one of the other receivers. Our passing game has been so bad this year that we really can't assess the play of the bench guys fairly.

Edited by SCO96

Shi probably has shown the most potential but Shi is a slot guy at this point.  You can't just take that type guy and throw him on the outside.  Then it doesn't work.   Shenault falls into this too.  He isn't the type WR you put on the outside because that isn't what he is. 

On the outside I think you simply rotate TMJ and Higgins on the outside.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

This is the beauty of a lost season - let guys get playing time and see what happens. Shi Smith has been targeted like a #2 receiver, but hasn't shown anything. Shennault, TMJ, and Higgins should get more reps.

Of course, none of it matters if we are committed to not throwing the ball beyond the line of scrimmage..

• Beer 1