• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Article

Jay Roosevelt

3 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

It's a fair question. Ultimately some team will be willing to roll those dice and will take him towards the top, if not at the top of the draft. 

I think where we differ on opinion is maybe more where that draft position should be. I don't think it's wise to take someone that may ultimately be very disadvantaged by size limitations at the next level at such a premium spot in the draft. I tend to think that historically that opinion holds water, but every year there are sure-fire prospects that can't miss, and bust, as well as later round gems that make it. I'm glad I don't have to take on that burden of risk myself.

True enough…thanks brother

We have to take our shot at QB…damn I hope we hit

I guess my thing is this. Young’s size can be seen as a negative or weakness towards his draft stock. Stroud having WRs that are insanely good can’t really be a negative. If anything it’s a question unanswered as how he can do with a subpar cast, but let’s not kid ourselves into thinking Young has no support at Alabama. 

• Flames 1

What's the most realistic to expect?:

Young turns out to be a baller and is an exception to the rule

vs.

Stroud shuts down an omen about a QB-School combo that hasn't had luck

vs.

Levis elevates his late game intangibles and decision making under pressure

--

Those are my three questions and I can't quite figure it out yet.  They're all awesome prospects in their own rights.

• Pie 3

12 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I thought he was 6 ft

McShay then went into the negatives on Young and they were completely based on his size.

“But the knock on him, especially talking to scouts who have been there this summer, is the size. He’s 5-10, when he’s listed at 6-foot-1, and a scout just told me the other day he weighed in at 186 pounds.”

For now I’m on the CJ Stroud bandwagon. I’ve watched a bunch of videos and he looks way better than Fields or any of the OSU QBs that people hold against him. He reads the field (Fields and the others didn’t), makes good decisions, has a helluva arm, slippery in the pocket while not a running QB, looks like the one that will finally break the curse of the OSU QBs as long as he goes to a team and system that doesn’t break him like the Jets tend to (jury’s out on ZW but he’s looking solid so far) and Rhule would have. 

7 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

McShay then went into the negatives on Young and they were completely based on his size.

“But the knock on him, especially talking to scouts who have been there this summer, is the size. He’s 5-10, when he’s listed at 6-foot-1, and a scout just told me the other day he weighed in at 186 pounds.”

shocker is not going to like this