• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

Expect 8 in the box on nearly every play. We can't run, won't pass, and could finish this season with less total offense than Jared fugging Goff. 

they’ll collapse back in on old school hat on a hat stuff with a back in foreman that is accustomed to running behind it and I would not be surprised in the least if this stupid team saw a fleeting bit of success out of it before they go out and embarrass themselves trying to find an “innovative offensive mind” who laughs at them because there’s nobody here worth coaching

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Dragoon11 said:

Sorry, I misread what you were referring to... why people say that's why you don't pay big money to RB's... I agree that CMC is a prolific difference maker, and affects the game. I was just speaking in terms of the Panthers and the fans screaming about this being a horrible deal. CMC had a say in this... if we had hesitated and he got hurt this weekend, then what do they get? I get why he would want to leave. He wants to win while he is still young and healthy enough to BE a difference maker. I just don't think it makes a difference for the Panthers any more... at this point Foreman will suffice. Doesn't take much scheming to beat this team. Honestly, I think it was a pretty good trade considering we got our draft picks back, late picks or not.

It definitely doesn’t matter for the Panthers and I agree the trade was acceptable. Considering his pay and injuries…a first would’ve been great but this is second best.

I think fans mad are missing the actual depressing point - we wasted cmc and did nothing while he was here because we are such an awful franchise. That’s the true depressing fact in all this.

• Pie 5

Just now, trueblade said:

CMC never had back to back 1k 1k seasons. He did it one time. image.thumb.png.bb5a23eed8a12e7405acfb7e4abd8a9b.pngAwesome accomplishment, but he's highly unlikely to do so again.

As I stated, most teams don't need a 1k 1k because they use a committee of backs.

Did you not read my post.

The last few games in the year he had 867yds receiving they were not using him much. 

If I remember correctly he only needed 200 something yards with 3 or 4 games left but for some damn reason they were shutting him down.

So if you don't think he could get 200 something yards receiving in 3 or 4 games U don't know what to tell you.

So yes I stand by the fact he's the only player in the NFL capable of back to back 1k 1k years.

Phuck Fitterer.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, trueblade said:

CMC never had back to back 1k 1k seasons. He did it one time. image.thumb.png.bb5a23eed8a12e7405acfb7e4abd8a9b.pngAwesome accomplishment, but he's highly unlikely to do so again.

As I stated, most teams don't need a 1k 1k because they use a committee of backs.

The Austin Eckeler comparison isnt quite fair. This is a QB driven league and Eckler plays with one of the best young QBs in the game, Justin Herbert. He has one of the strongest arms in the league and has nos trouble pushing the ball down field. San Diego also has better receivers than we do. Teams play the Chargers and go in with the mindset we have to stop Herbert; Eckeler is the leaser concern which opens things up for him.

Since Cam's injuries we haven't had a real threat at the QB position. Every team realizes our QBs are not a threat so they can focus on McCaffrey.

If Cmac we're healthy and on that Charger team his numbers would be equal to or better than Ecklers.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

The last few games in the year he had 867yds receiving they were not using him much. 

If I remember correctly he only needed 200 something yards with 3 or 4 games left but for some damn reason they were shutting him down.

So if you don't think he could get 200 something yards receiving in 3 or 4 games U don't know what to tell you.

So yes I stand by the fact he's the only player in the NFL capable of back to back 1k 1k years.

Phuck Fitterer.

The data doesn't support you.

The only game they shut him down for was game 16. In game 15, he had 21 rush attempts and 12 receptions on 13 targets. At the end of game 15, he was at 845 receiving yards. He would have needed 155 receiving yards in game 16. The most he had had all year in single game was 112. Even had the matched that in game 16, he still would have short.

But regardless, 2022 Eckler is giving you 2022 CMC production from an undrafted player.

• The D 1

8 minutes ago, onmyown said:

It definitely doesn’t matter for the Panthers and I agree the trade was acceptable. Considering his pay and injuries…a first would’ve been great but this is second best.

I think fans mad are missing the actual depressing point - we wasted cmc and did nothing while he was here because we are such an awful franchise. That’s the true depressing fact in all this.

We didn't miss it. We've always known it. When Mike Shula is your best OC, it's just fugging depressing. 

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

Phuck Fitterer.

Two firsts was never, ever ever going to happen dude. Multiple firsts is pretty much franchise QB territory only (See: Stafford, Wilson, and Browns Predator trades). Wilsons having a rough year but at the time of the trade, that's what he was viewed as. CMC is awesome no doubt, and you can make whatever argument you want about him playing more if we were contending, but at the end of the day he's a 26 year old RB  who hasn't finished, or even played half a season in years.

Whether it's deserved or not, he has a reputation around the league now as injury prone and will until he plays most of at least a full season or two, and he's on a pretty big contract to boot. If you take the emotional element out of it, it's not a bad trade at all.

• Pie 2

For those of you saying the 9ers fans are pissed.  I call BS.  The boards are lit up with excited 9ers fans.  There are negative comments, but the majority are celebrating the trade. 

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/196281-cmc-is-a-49er-yes/page50/search=hoovtrain

It's pretty comical to watch his highlights... when he catches the ball with one defender in isolation... they basically all look at their DC and say "Seriously... Go F yourself"

Right now. Super Bowl or bust.

dude is a baller. 49ers dropping their big balls on the table too. why not? WE JUST GOT BETTER

Holy s**t just saw the news, yyyyeeeeeeesssssssss f**k me! Holy hell the fun Shanny is going to have moving this chess piece around in contrast to a guy like Deebo and others. Shanalynch hanging their big sack the hell out.

CMC to one side, Deebo to the other. Screens, all the way downfield.

We have the best offensive talent in the league, right? RIGHT??!

He's going to immediately add that speed to the outside that the 49ers RBs have been lacking and I'm sure Kyle will find a myriad of ways to utilize him as a receiver.

Actually not bad at all. Considering we get him the rest of this season for free. If he stays healthy this will be a steal for us.

I just checked the date today, and it isn't April 1st!  Hell yeah, I am so pumped for this!!!! I'm going to the game on Sunday and I can't wait!!!  Also, F@;$ the Rams!

https://www.ninersnation.com/2022/10/20/23415802/nfl-trade-deadline-2022-49ers-panthers-rb-christian-mccaffrey

Needless to say, the 49ers' offense just got exponentially more explosive and versatile. Brandon Aiyuk was already coming into his own. Deebo Samuel is fresh off an All-Pro season, and George Kittle is an established star.

Now, you drop McCaffrey into the mix and look out. There are no excuses for the 49ers this season. This is a move you make when you believe you can go all in.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SCO96 said:

If Cmac we're healthy and on that Charger team his numbers would be equal to or better than Ecklers.

I think your premise is largely correct.

And yes, having a good QB helps tremendously. 

What Eckler demonstrates is that you can get production from a later round draft pick. I could have picked others, Eckler is just a favorite player of mine.

• Pie 1

I don’t understand why so many really thought CMC would bring back a first round pick.  He’s had one great year.   He’s barely played for three seasons and the best ability is availability.  He’s a great talent but running backs are probably the easiest position to replace. Multiple picks for a guy who averages 7 games a season and probably didn’t even want to be here anymore doesn’t seem that bad to me.  

Just now, Coheed said:

Two firsts was never, ever ever going to happen dude. Multiple firsts is pretty much franchise QB territory only (See: Stafford, Wilson, and Browns Predator trades). Wilsons having a rough year but at the time of the trade, that's what he was viewed as. CMC is awesome no doubt, and you can make whatever argument you want about him playing more if we were contending, but at the end of the day he's a 26 year old RB  who hasn't finished, or even played half a season in years.

Whether it's deserved or not, he has a reputation around the league now as injury prone and will until he plays most of at least a full season or two, and he's on a pretty big contract to boot. If you take the emotional element out of it, it's not a bad trade at all.

So you don't trade him.

You guys put too much value in draft picks. 

They typically don't pan out.

We better get a best player at his position with one of those picks. 

But it's not going to happen. 

This is a terrible deal.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Coheed said:

I agree 100%.  There hasn’t been a running back traded for a first rounder in about a decade.  That RB out of Texas or Alabama could probably get taken in the second round this year and be very productive as well at a fraction of the cost.