• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

2 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

Why do we never win trades? I don’t get it. Since I’ve been a panthers fan, It seems like we always get the raw end. Trading up for Everett, trading up for Otah, trading 2nd for Darnold, trading this , trading that.

When we trade things of actual value, like the a top 5 offensive weapon in football, late second, late third, late fourth. Why? Why can’t we have a bigger pair of balls and either fleece someone or just do the logical thing and use him like you did on that first drive against the Rams. Get a real, big, back that you trust and have him run between the tackles. No. Instead of fleece ourselves and end up with stupidly late picks that won’t become difference makers. Just when you think the organization can’t get worse.

We won the Olsen trade and the Kelvin trade.

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Stop reacting to your own self. The fact that we have yokels being like: OMG HES SO OLD 26 is the new 130. I can't believe he can still walk ffs. Its a miracle he doesn't have Alzheimer's, cancer, enlarged prostate, osteoarthritis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabeetus, and dementia at his age is hilarious.

Holy poo science needs to look into this.

Even by saying this you’re ignoring years of of data that prove my point. Besides AP I really can’t think of an RB that’s performed at an all pro level into their 30s.

• Pie 1

Teams don't usually spend 1st round picks on rbs that are within sight of that magic number 30. Just doesn't happen, and all the wishing in the world won't change it. I think most fans are going to be disappointed to see him go. It's not the outcome any of us wanted.

But, we've got some draft capital that we very much needed. Maybe we collect some more, and maybe we spend it wisely. I have less confidence about that last part happening.

I sort of wonder if some of the motivation for wanting/expecting a 1st for him was a crazy idea that it could lead to a deal with the Saints for Payton. Just something to think about.

• Pie 1

Just now, FuFuLamePoo said:

Even by saying this you’re ignoring years of of data that prove my point. Besides AP I really can’t think of an RB that’s performed at an all pro level into their 30s.

I mean damn! We have Chubba Hubbard!!! What's everyone so sad about? lol... You are right you know. Everyone needs to chill, we did fleece the 'niners.

1 minute ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

There is precisely 0 data that shows a 26 y/o can't play at an all pro level, he's not 36 lol wtf crack do these ppl be smokin.

Regardless he can slide to the slot and could literally be a starting WR right now and easily play past 30 there as well.

Hol up guys hol up. I know we just drafted X RB this year but he's 22 y/o we need to look into getting what we can get for him he's only got 8 years left in the tank.

It's about what I had imagined the Panthers would get. As long as he stays healthy, he can be the piece that pushes a team over the top.

However, I don't think a lot of our fans are thinking with their heads. Since we drafted Christian the team hasn't won. He's been amazing at what he does, but stats don't win football games. There are guys every year found late in the draft or even undrafted that can produce at the running back position, and it doesn't come with a premium contract.

• Pie 3

If CMC was as prolific a player as some of you are making him out to be, teams would have given up that first for him. 

choosing to ignore the fact that not one single team felt him worthy of a first round pick is telling of some of your over inflation of this man. He’s a GREAT player. But spoiler - we SUCKED with him. He didn’t change anything here. And no one saw enough in him to give up what some of you think he was worth.

Im sure he’ll likely do better in the SF system but at the end of the day, the niners aren’t the Bills. They aren’t locks to be top dawg in the NFC even with CMC and they just traded away 75% of their draft and took on a big cap hit for it.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

38 minutes ago, Visual.Avenues said:

Go to the Saints Report forums. Go to the Falcons forums. The Seahawks forums. The Falcons forums.

So I did what you said and went to the Saints, Falcons and Seahawks forums.  I didn't go to the Falcons forums twice tho.

You get mostly disinterest.  Some saying the 9ers with CMC there for the screens is going to be a great combination, some laughing that the 9ers have given away all their draft picks for Lance and CMC.  But nothing like some resounding "9ers got fleeced" theme.

Believe what you want, but CMC was worth A LOT more than Sam Darnold.  He just is.  And when the dust settles and we see what the final picks are actually worth, we may  have given up more for Sam in draft capital than we got for CMC.

200.gif

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 1