• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

Why do we never win trades? I don’t get it. Since I’ve been a panthers fan, It seems like we always get the raw end. Trading up for Everett, trading up for Otah, trading 2nd for Darnold, trading this , trading that.

When we trade things of actual value, like the a top 5 offensive weapon in football, late second, late third, late fourth. Why? Why can’t we have a bigger pair of balls and either fleece someone or just do the logical thing and use him like you did on that first drive against the Rams. Get a real, big, back that you trust and have him run between the tackles. No. Instead of fleece ourselves and end up with stupidly late picks that won’t become difference makers. Just when you think the organization can’t get worse.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

The thing is, you can get a serviceable RB with one of our seconds and use the other pieces to bolster this roster. I hate losing CMC, but he can’t stay healthy and we can’t afford that contract 

I’ve been keeping an eye on this years RB group and it a projected to be a deep class. CMC is still an elite player though. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hate not getting a first,but that's not a bad haul.

Yeah realistically this was about as good as we could have expected. We all wanted a 1st but I don’t think that expectation was ever really believable. I had said I thought two 2nds would be a good trade for is. This is around that sort of deal.

• Pie 3

I’m surprised at the amount of people who are upset at the compensation. A oft injured RB with a huge contract, I’m just glad he’s off a bad team. 

CMC can put a great team over the top but he’s not going to take a bad team anywhere. By the time this team has its act together he’ll be older and likely injured. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Christian has been the only offensive threat we've had all year. Never was that more obvious than last week's debacle in LA. Based on what we've seen so far, this team in all likelihood will be unwatchable on offense for the remainder of the season. 

• Pie 2