• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hate not getting a first,but that's not a bad haul.

It's about as good as you could expect for a RB that has been pretty injury prone.

Can CMC outplay that haul? Without any question whatsoever. Can we get more for him? Extremely unlikely. 

This is ultimately how it goes when you invest that kind of capital in a RB in the modern NFL era. 

It sucks overall but it was probably the right decision.  I wish CMC the best, he has been the consumate professional here.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's about as good as you could expect for a RB that has been pretty injury prone.

Can CMC outplay that haul? Without any question whatsoever. Can we get more for him? Extremely unlikely. 

This is ultimately how it goes when you invest that kind of capital in a RB in the modern NFL era. 

It sucks overall but it was probably the right decision.  I wish CMC the best, he has been the consumate professional here.

This... To add in 40 years I can't think of a team getting a better haul for a Rb since H Walker..

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

This... To add in 40 years I can't think of a team getting a better haul for a Rb since H Walker..

Yeah, we are just one of those franchises that didn't get the memo on building around a RB. And CMC is probably the best in the NFL but even then it just doesn’t jibe with modern football to give out those kind of contracts.

And this is Shanahan's attempt to add so many weapons it will offset how injury plagued the 49ers are and make up for having Jimmy G.

33 minutes ago, FutureDynasty said:

2023 2nd,3rd,4th round picks. 2024 5th round pick 

Since those are 49er picks you may as well think of those as high 3rd high 4th and high 5th 

I would've liked this more if the 49ers were actually a bad team and those picks were higher 

2 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Since those are 49er picks you may as well think of those as high 3rd high 4th and high 5th 

I would've liked this more if the 49ers were actually a bad team and those picks were higher 

They just lost to the Falcons by 14 and still have multiple injuries.. 

It not like they are the Bills..

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Well, are they a good team? Jimmy G already has a wealth of weapons and they have struggled offensively. Not to mention they are very banged up. Finally, they have lost to the Bears, Broncos and Falcons who are a combined 7-11 so far.

I don't know that I buy that is a team that is going to make a late run in the playoffs, or win a lot of games.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, are they a good team? Jimmy G already has a wealth of weapons and they have struggled offensively. Not to mention they are very banged up. Finally, they have lost to the Bears, Broncos and Falcons who are a combined 7-11 so far.

I don't know that I buy that is a team that is going to make a late run in the playoffs, or win a lot of games.

Exactly... 

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Exactly... 

There is no reason to be hysterical about this. The thoughts of getting a first round pick for CMC were ludicrous. His contract and injury history removed that from being a possibility. As did the overall value of RB's.

Let it play out and see what those draft picks net. If they all end up being squandered, let everyone bitch until they are blue in the face.

• Pie 1