• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT ARTICLE: The Panthers slide squarely into tank mode

WarPanthers89

6 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Also that matchup vs Detroit we have we need to tank hard that game. Call up practice squad players. Say we’re evaluating for the future.

We should sign Byron Bell and Sione Fua to one day contracts, let Ekwonu and Brown get some rest.

52 minutes ago, jtm said:

It doesn't work in the NFL because teams miss all the time with the #1 pick and Mayfield and Darnold are perfect examples.  Can you imagine being a highly paid professional athlete and being asked to roll over for some amateur to come save the day.  

I played sports on a full ride in college and clearly you haven't played sports or not at a high level.  I'll say it again . . . tanking is a loser mentality.  

Tanking is a loser mentality, by definition.

Many on the huddle wanted this.  They wanted a tank for QB and new HC years ago, and some were cheering for losses this year.  

Well they got it.  NOW they're hopeful.

Now they will switch to patience.  Be patient.  Let it work.  It will be a couple of years of crap, but it will be OK.  Often times it fails the first try or so. The Jags, Jets, Browns, sure it was a lost decade of being the absolute worst teams, but hey, they're rocking it now.  We're set now.  Now is the time for hope.

Vomit.

• Poo 2

3 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Tell that to San Antonio Spurs,  Golden State Warriors, Philadelphia 76ers

We literally tanked in 2010 and got Cam and were in the playoffs with 12-4 record a few years later

Im ALL for winning until the math states you can make the playoffs. At that point I 180 and want to lose all the possible remaining games. Its the only way to be. 

*Now of course rare deals were its week 15 and you lost 4 of your best players to IR......while in the last playoff spot mix, that maybe not the best idea to keep the pedal down....and like the panthers it becomes a fire sale for your best players.....welll i may not need the math either.. 

9 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

Here is the thing though. Matt Rhule has been our GM for the past three years because he had final roster say. That is why Chuba, PJ, Robbie's extension, Joe Brady's jettisoning of Cam, and all this QB nonsense were things we had to endure. This guy helped build a consistent winner in Seattle, so he deserves a chance. Everything that we have done for the most part goes against his philosophy of stockpiling picks because I believe Rhule was reaching to win now. This had to happen, this regime or next. I have optimism Fitts can make us competitive again. He just has to get these losers that Rhule wanted to implement his brand out of here. 

It is so fugin funny that we have people who still don't get this. I mean there have obviously always been stupid on here but I can't remember something that can top it going all the way back to 2003

I don’t know why people say the panthers are tanking. This team sucks so hard that even with 100% effort and the best players on the team we were going to end up with a top pick. That doesn’t change by trading a top player. That just means we still suck but we have more top picks. It is what it is.