• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Jaguars are slowly making me rethink this tanking thing

panthersgreenville

No 1 overall pick QB that was considered a way more elite prospect at draft time than any of these QBs coming out this year. 

Plus a SB winning head coach and they have the same exact record as us. I’m torn, a part of me loves the idea of having that no 1 pick and getting our pick of the litter, but seeing how big of a crap shoot it is and a team like the Jags can have both a No 1 picked QB AND a SB winning HC and they still can’t get it right, it has me thinking that things aren’t so cut and dry when it comes to a winning formula in the NFL

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I mean we’ve been tanking for 3(+) years. The NFL is a finite window sport(id argue 6 years). Every team is going to slump, it’s just a question how long they let it fester. 

All of the teams under Rhule could have been wild card teams with a better coach I think.

Just now, Harbingers said:

Somewhat doubtful. Though if he had stuck with Teddy on his contract, we might have been able to make some waves in the second year. 

I disagree mostly because 8 wins would have done so and Rhule managed to mismanage the way to so many close losses... But I actually agree somewhat Teddy B doesn't leave if they make the playoffs and we don't waste millions on Darnolds and Teddy B being a Bronco.... 

We lost a LOT of games we should have won under fool.

10 minutes ago, Icdeadpeople said:

It's hard to shake from a loser mentality once you become accustomed to it.

Tanking is a loser mentality. People need to get over this. Fans who want to tank are looking to the future. Fans like you are looking at the now. 
Of course players won’t tank they don’t care about draft picks or the fact a win is meaningless. 

• Poo 1