• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shoutout to Bozeman

philit99

1 minute ago, RJK said:

Nothing like proving to everyone how good of a coach u are by flexing ur power and benching prized free agents. Everybody has worked for a Matt Rhule type.

I switched from a micro manager to a laid back boss after Covid and it's amazing how much it does for your mental health

• Pie 5
  • Beer 4

9 minutes ago, RJK said:

There had to be an internal dispute. TMJ, Bozeman, tremble, foreman all seemed to be blackballed to some extent by Rhule. The only reason I can see is a Rhule power grab 🤷‍♂️

Insane that a struggling O, you dont try to inject some fresh legs. It was a chemistry thing with Baker and WRs, made no sense for higgins not to get some snaps given their history...

ELF had his best start for 3 games then he started playing like his old self aka suck city

Rhule was acting like TMJ had issues walking, IDGAF if his routes and break are crisp....He looks a badass deebo like WR*looks*

3rd down sucks, foreman is a hammer, nah he gets 2 snaps max.....sooo dumb looking back on alll these simple deals...

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

38 minutes ago, RJK said:

Nothing like proving to everyone how good of a coach u are by flexing ur power and benching prized free agents. Everybody has worked for a Matt Rhule type.

And this ....as I've heard is partly why Dunlap wouldn't sign here. Also why I'm assuming Perryman was happy to leave last year. 

The Bozeman situation is strange. You'd think Campen would have suggested the move over Elf to Wilks before the Rams game. 

• Pie 3

43 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

And this ....as I've heard is partly why Dunlap wouldn't sign here. Also why I'm assuming Perryman was happy to leave last year. 

The Bozeman situation is strange. You'd think Campen would have suggested the move over Elf to Wilks before the Rams game. 

That’s a good point to ponder.  

Could be they wanted a more subtle transition given the coach was upended the week prior and they were starting a new QB. Also gave Wilks some time to evaluate from an HC perspective.  If they had done that last week with the game plan as it was, and we had gotten our doors blown off it could’ve been perceived as chaos.

I don’t know and will probably never know but I think this was the right call. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, philit99 said:

Happy to see the guy get a quality start. Just shows how ridiculous Rhule was, he should have been starting the whole time. He was picked up for one year, but we need stability at that position. I saw good protection calls, and no botched snaps. Hope we can build on this game and maybe solidify that position. Sometimes it is addition by subtraction.

Agree now trade him 

57 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I can only assume that he did but Rhule wouldn't listen to anyone.  It seems to be quite obvious that Rhule was going to play who he wanted to play.

Part of being a center is knowing how to make adjustment on the fly.  Elf might have been adequate in blocking but it appears the Bozeman is a superior Center just because he understands the calls on our offensive line.

Hopefully, Fitterer will resign him to a longer deal and apologize for the first part of this season.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, philit99 said:

Happy to see the guy get a quality start. Just shows how ridiculous Rhule was, he should have been starting the whole time. He was picked up for one year, but we need stability at that position. I saw good protection calls, and no botched snaps. Hope we can build on this game and maybe solidify that position. Sometimes it is addition by subtraction.

Elflein played well, relax 

• Beer 1

Yeah, I been saying we needed to take this time to evaluate what we have in Bozeman and after just one game he proved why he should have been starter. I say if next game he plays just as well as he did today then Fit needs to get to work on a contract extension now. Extending near the end of the year if he plays this well the whole time will just make him that much more expensive.

10 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Elflein has been great so not going to knock it. That being said, with one game with Bozeman in, Wilks had the guys playing the brand of football Rhule had been saying he wanted his entire time here.

Did he not have about 4 problem snaps / exchanges during week 1?

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Extend Bozeman at center position . I think Elf is under contract next year so we have a decent backup .  The o-line should be in great shape next year because all are under contract .  Icky looks solid at LT .   PJ could be our vet QB while we bring in a drafted QB to compete with Corral  .  Lets see how PJ does the rest of the year .  Sam and Baker will probably be gone and are not under contract next year .  Give Wilkes a fair shot at coach next year .  If he fails then go after Peyton who will not under contract for the Saints .

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Scum of the Turf said:

Been saying it all yr.  The center position is the qb of the oline.  Missed assignments fall on the center. Bozeman started 48 games for the ravens for a reason

I was excited about signing Bozeman, even more so than Corbitt. Then, Rhule didn't let him start. I'm glad he is getting an opportunity now! The guy started at center four years for Baltimore, but sticking with Elflien???