• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doing the math and a little research, even if we pick top 20, still a great chance at getting one of the top 4 QBs.

panthersgreenville

In my opinion there are the “big 4” when it comes to this QB draft class. Stroud, Young, Hooker and Levis. Looking at teams across the NFL I only see 5 teams that need a QB bad enough to draft one in the first round.. Us, Lions, Texans, Commanders and the Bucs. (Saints do but they don’t have a pick this year, yay!) 

I went back and looked at the last 10 draft years, the most QBs taken in the first round was in 2018 and when 5 QBs were taken and the 5th QB (Lamar Jackson) was taken at pick 32. On average, over the last 10 years, only 4 QBs are taken in the first round. 

If I’m being honest, these group of QBs this year are all on the same level. I mean Hooker has had a phenomenal year, almost as good as Stroud or Young. Who cares he will be 25, I’m a glass half full guy and I just view that as him being more mature and pro ready from day 1 as opposed to “omg, call the nursing home, he’s a geaser.” 

my point is this, we still have an excellent chance of nabbing a franchise guy in the first round be it if we pick first or 32nd.. I’m actually surprised at how few teams need QBs this year

Edited by panthersgreenville
  • Pie 1