• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, I just started a new gig

Khyber53

19 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Unfortunate ending of a young man's life for no reason. Mr. Hughes possessed no serious threat, could barely walk and did nothing to provoke the shooter.

The shooter, on the other hand, made his mind up on the opposite side of the parking lot when he pulled the weapon out, strode across the lot, then aggressively walked up on the victim and shot him.

Here's to a 2nd degree murder conviction, hopefully.

Yeap, that's my take on it. When he advanced past the center line of that parking lot with weapon drawn, there was no case whatsoever for stand your ground. He became the aggressor.

There's a lot of stuff I can't say in the videos (or write, our narrarator does the actual talking) because I don't have proof of it, but I  don't get from the body postures of Garrett's friends that they were being aggressive. I  had to figure in, though, that their presence did heighten Lloyd's fear in that he probably had an "oh sh!t" moment when he realized there were three guys, one in front of him and two behind him. But they just didn't look threatening.

Also, it's very telling that a local businessman with a decent amount of money wasn't given bail and to this day is still awaiting trial. That means he is well known to local authoritites for having a low character. And being in Key West, it's just a matter of hop on a boat and head out to sea to flee. 

My bet is that his attorneys will plea bargain this down to negligent homicide if they can, but I wouldn't be surprised if no plea bargain is ever offered by the prosecutors since the evidence is right there and pretty indisputable.

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

My bet is that his attorneys will plea bargain this down to negligent homicide if they can, but I wouldn't be surprised if no plea bargain is ever offered by the prosecutors since the evidence is right there and pretty indisputable.

Sorry, when was the incident again? And is there any word on a trial date?

When you're putting these episodes together, does someone have the responsibility of tracking the progress and making any updates or adding content?

21 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Sorry, when was the incident again? And is there any word on a trial date?

When you're putting these episodes together, does someone have the responsibility of tracking the progress and making any updates or adding content?

It was just this February, so it's still, from a trial standpoint, brand new. 

We're actually thinking of doing some update shows but I haven't seen something in the rotation yet. Our team of writers, the narrator, video editors and management are scattered across four continents and in seven different time zones, so coordination is sometimes difficult, sometimes a pure miracle. 

I think it's a really good idea and I'll bring it up with the boss when we chat next. This is just one of the ones we need to follow up on. 

And if you have any ideas for how we can make it better or cases to cover, please let me know! 

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

It was just this February, so it's still, from a trial standpoint, brand new. 

We're actually thinking of doing some update shows but I haven't seen something in the rotation yet. Our team of writers, the narrator, video editors and management are scattered across four continents and in seven different time zones, so coordination is sometimes difficult, sometimes a pure miracle. 

I think it's a really good idea and I'll bring it up with the boss when we chat next. This is just one of the ones we need to follow up on. 

And if you have any ideas for how we can make it better or cases to cover, please let me know! 

I think at the very least, a 5-minute update, perhaps tagged onto the end of a newer episode ("And now an update from the Florida parking lot shooter... etc."), even if it's just to let people know a trial date is coming or a plea deal was reached. It doesn't require an entire episode worth of production that way.

But this one was good, really enjoyed it!

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I think at the very least, a 5-minute update, perhaps tagged onto the end of a newer episode ("And now an update from the Florida parking lot shooter... etc."), even if it's just to let people know a trial date is coming or a plea deal was reached. It doesn't require an entire episode worth of production that way.

But this one was good, really enjoyed it!

Thanks! That one took a lot of work to make it more than just one dude shooting another dude over nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 2:10 PM, Khyber53 said:

As some of you might know, I'm an old print journalist. In the past I've written, edited, published and even owned a newspaper. About a decade ago, though, I just had to walk away from it. There's just not enough money to go around -- the pool of outlets has been shrinking for the last 20 years and there are just tons of young kids wanting to do the work for next to nothing. 

Well, I got a phone call from an old buddy who does voiceover work. He let me know that a YouTube channel he works for needed a script writer and he wanted me to take a shot at it. And, well, I've been trying to say yes to more things here of late and so I did. Somehow I ended up with a great opportunity, bosses that are giving me the chance to learn this different style and who seem genuinely happy to have me. The team I work with is spread across three continents and somehow it is working out.

I couldn't be happier and more engaged. The channel is a true crime one called Beyond Evil and they're at the half million subscriber level and they're established in the field. I think they can go even farther. I'd really like to go with them.

Well, either way, my first video goes live today and if you want to give it a view, I'd be tickled.

Thanks all!

holy poo dude! i've been religiously watching beyond evil. i had no idea. it's an awesome channel.  

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

dude, i watched this yesterday!

Gosh, I thank you so much! We put an awful lot of work into these and I hope it shows.

Really glad to hear you are a fan of our channel! Really makes my day!

PS. If there are any cases you want us to cover, just let me know!

• Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...