• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predictions - Panthers at Falcons

Zod

Carolina 24. Falcons 21

sometimes, belief makes good things happen 

I go back to the Giants team that finished 9 and 7 and took out the unbeaten patriots 

of course belief is not enough but I really think this team is starting to know who they are , who they have always been   

I have always liked Marcus but he can be a turn over machine as can PJ but the real wildcard in this game is 

cordarrelle Patterson 

if he plays, they are a different team

53 minutes ago, joemac said:

Betting on the Panthers to cover at -6.5 has gotta be one of the easiest bets of the season. 

My parlay card has the Panthers at +7. I usually do not touch panther games.  Will have to give that some extra thought.

Edited by ladypanther

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Panthers - 31

Falcons - 17

1 hour ago, OceanPanther said:

Panthers win .  21 - 17

1 hour ago, Sugar Greenwood said:

Car-20 Atl-17

I like the picks of Atlanta getting 17, and I think it would be poetic for a "prove it" game like we face this week.

Rhule was 1-25 when opponents scored 17 or more. So let's say Atlanta hangs 17 on us. Do we score fewer and prove we are still the same garbage team Rhule got fired for coaching, and last week was an aberration? Or do we score more and prove that we're the team Wilks has the players believing they are, and end the week tied #1 in the division with a tie-breaker?

I really don't know, but I want to believe the latter:

Panthers 18 - Falcons 17

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Carolina 24. Falcons 21

sometimes, belief makes good things happen 

I go back to the Giants team that finished 9 and 7 and took out the unbeaten patriots 

of course belief is not enough but I really think this team is starting to know who they are , who they have always been   

I have always liked Marcus but he can be a turn over machine as can PJ but the real wildcard in this game is 

cordarrelle Patterson 

if he plays, they are a different team

You're in luck then, Patterson is on IR and can't return until game 9.

I'm thinking the Falcons win at home.  

• Pie 1

Tampa had Goodwin, Evans and Gage at WR and our DBs performed well without Horn.  Our run defense which looked to be a weakness against Cleveland has turned out to be a strength.  

I believe PJ will move the ball enough to keep our defense off the field.  If he can maintain at least an equal time of possession our defense will make moving the ball difficult.

I don't think there will be a blowout.

I believe Wilks has these guys believing they can beat anyone.   If McAdoo has a decent game plan we should win this game.

It will be a fun one to watch against our I-85 rival. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

I do believe we’ll be tempted to throw the ball all around because another cb is out or doubtful as well. I hope we stick to the script but we also want to take advantage of mismatches so we’ll see how the choose to attack.

Yeah pretty rough situation in their secondary

Playing without Terrell and Hawkins is a significant blow, especially with veteran cornerback Casey Hayward already on injured reserve for at least a longer term with a shoulder injury. The Falcons will count on reserves at several spots, including veteran Dean Marlowe at safety. He was optimistic about younger players' ability to step in or play significant snaps. That includes new starter Darren Hall, who takes over for Hayward. Alford or Cornell Armstrong, a practice-squad elevation last week, are options in Terrell's spot. Isaiah Oliver will likely stay in the slot.