• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Games

Shocker

17 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

This is a silly rule. Why should a tip cancel PI? You can catch a tipped pass for a TD or you can intercept a tipped pass. Someone school me on why a tip cancels PI.

Tips cancel PI because as a defender, you time your contest when the ball gets to the receiver. 

If the ball is tipped, the defender would end up hitting the receiver early, since tips normally slow the ball down. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

ACC could get weird.  If Clemson and UNC win out…..could a one loss ACC Champ get in beating what likely would be a top 10ish team in the conference title?   1 loss ACC Champ teams have gotten in several years to the CFP. 

@LinvilleGorge guess you got to pull for Clemson the next couple weeks lol

Hell, we still gotta win three more games to even be in the conversation. That ain't no guarantee. 😂

If we manage to get to the ACC CG with one loss then I'll start really paying attention to the playoffs picture. I bet these SEC dick riders will put a Tennessee team that doesn't even make the SEC CG in over a one loss ACC champ though.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hell, we still gotta win three more games to even be in the conversation. That ain't no guarantee. 😂

True.  Same for Clemson.  But I guess that is what you got to pull for if you are UNC or Clemson fan.  Not that I want to see it given the Tigers got no business playing one of those teams this year.  

I’m sure the committee would just prefer one of the 2 teams lose prior so that ACC title win doesn’t look good on paper.  

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

True.  Same for Clemson.  But I guess that is what you got to pull for if you are UNC or Clemson fan.  Not that I want to see it given the Tigers got business playing one of those teams this year.  

I’m sure the committee would just prefer one of the 2 teams lose prior so that ACC title win doesn’t look good on paper.  

The nightmare for the rest of the country is an undefeated UGA team losing the SEC CG. The SEC champ is going. UGA would go. They're gonna be lobbying HARD for a one loss Tennessee team. You could legit be looking at 3 SEC teams and OSU/Michigan.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we manage to get to the ACC CG with one loss then I'll start really paying attention to the playoffs picture. I bet these SEC dick riders will put a Tennessee team that doesn't even make the SEC CG in over a one loss ACC champ though.

I think they would too and the results may support it.  The ACC isn't great by any means this year. 

I think Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and Tennessee would all beat the best ACC team.  I think Florida would give the best ACC team fits....

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I think they would too and the results may support it.  The ACC isn't great by any means this year. 

I think Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and Tennessee would all beat the best ACC team.  I think Florida would give the best ACC team fits....

You shouldn't be able to get a bye week into a four team playoff. If you can't qualify for a conference championship game you should be out, period. And yes, ND should simply be out period by default.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Not arguing that.  

Committee has some precedents they have set before on how they evaluate and reward teams though….and they to an extent have to think about the years past and ahead. 

that’s why I think they would prefer life be easy on them and those other teams lose a game to weaken that conference title. Let’s say Clemson wins out.  UNC wins out beating another ranked team.  Then gets a conference title over a top 10ish team.  

You got a power 5 conference champ in UNC with one loss…..getting left out in favor of 2 one loss teams with no conference champ.  Committee would hate to have to go there lol.   

18 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Don't forget about sneaky Oregon lurking.

I’m going to root for the cluster fug and the CFB to deal with this 

Big 10 Champ IN

SEC Champ IN

2 1 loss SEC teams, 1 loss ACC champ, 1 loss PAC 12 champ, 1 loss Big 12 champ 

Eyeball test vs conference champ drawn in the sand.  

• Pie 2