• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade rumors

TheSpecialJuan

Just now, DamnItJake! said:

Oatmeal,cinnamon raisin cookies of course!!

Damnit. I figured, but I was drinking that Darnold 3-0 Kool-Aid again, and I had hope.

P.S. I highly suggest staying away from the stuff. The Kool Aid is good at first, but the aftertaste will have you sick for months.

3 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

I’m just asking I can’t see Burn being an All pro year in year out like the true stud pass rushers 

That's subjective and remains to be seen. But I think Burns can be a game breaker, but he needs to be utilized the right way. It would also help if he had more opportunities to pin his ears back and JUST rush the passer on obvious passing downs. Something he hasn't had the luxury of much, since joining three league since we're often behind at the end of games.

But that being said, you could replace All-Pro with Elite or even "A player of Burns's caliber", and I don't think the context of the message changes at all.

24 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Are you saying Burns is an All-pro pass rusher? 

No. I do not know his ceiling though he is only 24 years old. I was referring to this notion that just because we have an extra pick or two that means we not only won't miss but we will get a generational talent who will develop faster than other pass rushers. This same logic has been applied to the reasoning behind trading DJ Moore because we will draft another wide receiver and hit again. It's like people here haven't watched this franchise whiff on draft picks on a regular basis. If you're a Panthers fan you know nothing is a given with our drafts. We have talent in place get the right QB and the right coach and go from there.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

No. I do not know his ceiling though he is only 24 years old. I was referring to this notion that just because we have an extra pick or two that means we not only won't miss but we will get a generational talent who will develop faster than other pass rushers. This same logic has been applied to the reasoning behind trading DJ Moore because we will draft another wide receiver and hit again. It's like people here haven't watched this franchise whiff on draft picks on a regular basis. If you're a Panthers fan you know nothing is a given with our drafts. We have talent in place get the right QB and the right coach and go from there.

It’s not just the picks but the money he will command that we be able to use aswell 

5 minutes ago, EgoDogg said:

That's subjective and remains to be seen. But I think Burns can be a game breaker, but he needs to be utilized the right way. It would also help if he had more opportunities to pin his ears back and JUST rush the passer on obvious passing downs. Something he hasn't had the luxury of much, since joining three league since we're often behind at the end of games.

But that being said, you could replace All-Pro with Elite or even "A player of Burns's caliber", and I don't think the context of the message changes at all.

Is Burns elite though hasn’t had double digit sacks in his career yet. Got out produced by Reddick last year and isn’t the best at holding the edge against the run. Do we really want to break the bank for that let alone passing up on a great rebuilding haul to pay him 

3 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Is Burns elite though hasn’t had double digit sacks in his career yet. Got out produced by Reddick last year and isn’t the best at holding the edge against the run. Do we really want to break the bank for that let alone passing up on a great rebuilding haul to pay him 

Would two late first rounders give you anything close to what Burns offer? I don’t think so, but I know a lot of people do. 

5 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Sometimes investing in young players that put the work in, continue to improve, and consistently flash greatness is worth it. Every player has a price, but Burns might be the only player on the roster who I feel has consistently demonstrated they can turn into one of the greats. I'm not sure I can say that for anyone else on the roster, yet. That combined with me picturing the defensive line without him has me at a hard no for trading him unless it's for a serious haul.

I would understand if they did take 2 firsts+ a player or something for him. Especially with a big contact not far off. And I don't fault anyone not wanting to keep a player because of 'potential'. For me, Burns has that 'it' factor and is worth hanging onto.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, EgoDogg said:

Sometimes investing in young players that put the work in, continue to improve, and consistently flash greatness is worth it. Every player has a price, but Burns might be the only player on the roster who I feel has consistently demonstrated they can turn into one of the greats. I'm not sure I can say that for anyone else on the roster, yet. That combined with me picturing the defensive line without him has me at a hard no for trading him unless it's for a serious haul.

I would understand if they did take 2 firsts+ a player or something for him. Especially with a big contact not far off. And I don't fault anyone not wanting to keep a player because of 'potential'. For me, Burns has that 'it' factor and is worth hanging onto.

I’m the same bunge I’m easy either way. I would rather we traded him for a great haul but would not be phased if we payed him 

• Pie 1