• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Haters. Put some respect on his name.

Proudiddy

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Nah, not from me.  I never believed in Kyle Allen.  Nor many if any of the other guys.  

And I'm not even saying PJ is a starter or long term answer.  I'm just saying I appreciate him and love the dog he has in him.  And despite all of the odds he has overcome, and even the fact people are shitting on him for finding himself in this position, as an undrafted guy who was an afterthought is crazy.  He still has a winning record as a starter.  It reminds me a lot of Jake...  also in how he has some mind-boggling negative plays and then comes back and does poo like that 70-yards-in-the-air bomb to DJ.  If it isn't anything else, it's fun.  

I have no ill feelings for Walker. In general I get what you're saying but a loss is still a loss and overall he played mediocre at best football for the better part of 3 quarters and 6 points in a 3 point loss resulted directly from him. I'm just beyond the silver lining wound licking mentality after the Cam years. We know what the bar is. None of these quarterbacks even approach it. It's so bad we are lashing out at DJ Moore for showing emotion after this factory of horrors that has been our QB room the last few years.

In my estimation, P.J. has shown that he can be an effective backup, but he's simplly not accurate enough to be a starter. I would not have said that three weeks ago. Perhaps with time, and belief (of others in him) which breeds confidence, he may get even better. I'm proud of the guy.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

No, he might not be an all pro.  He might not be a pro bowler.  He might not be elite.  But he is a fuging gamer and a damn good football player.  

He struggled early, but when it mattered he fuging stepped up and killed it.  Ultimately, we arent in that game at all without PJ.  I know some are going to hate him no matter what, but right now, he's the best we have, and again, I see him in the same mold as a guy like Case Keenum or Heinicke, maybe even a Jake Delhomme in regards to his underdog origins, but only with a hell of a lot more natural talent with his arm and legs.  He might not be the guy you want, but again, he is a hell of a football player.  And when he is on, it is fuging fun to watch.  

Thank you for stepping up, PJ.  You have at least made us competitive and make a season that felt completely lost and hopeless fun to watch again.  Keep Pounding, baby!

He did alright.  I would go so far as to say the Panthers are much better without rule.