• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams Offering Two (Future) Firsts for Burns

5 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

A lot of people keep saying “we aren’t competing anytime soon.”

Too much randomness and parody in the NFL to say that. 

Hell, this team is an extra point away from being 2-1 with PJ Walker and Wilks. 

We have cornerstone players at the most premium positions outside of QB. 

This team isn’t ass. 

This team isnt ass but we are 2-5.  This year is a wrap.  Looking towards next season we more then likely are looking at a rookie starting at some point.  Historically rookies dont win right off the bat.  So thats 1.5 seasons of more losing we are in store for which aligns perfectly with this deal

Edited by mrcompletely11

DE is arguably the second most important position on the field, and we'd basically be trading a pro bowler / potential star for what'll probably be 2 picks in the mid to late twenties two and three years from now.

I'd pass unless they are sure they can't re sign him... Salary cap is malleable.  I don't think he walks.

2 future 1st isn't enough and Akers shouldn't be on that table. They would have to throw in a player who isn't ruined by injuries for just those picks to work. It just doesn't seem like a great deal for us...yet. 

I do expect those picks to be valuable with how the Rams are operating. Seems like they are hell bent on burning through their future and I have no idea how they plan to deal with their cap or lack of picks in the future in 2 years. 

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Much like cmac I think a lot of you are way overvaluing the impact of burns.  Yes he is good, yes he could be great but he is not worth nearly what you are proposing above

I’d take two future firsts and a second next year. We can turn those into most likely two(extra) first round picks next year(with the CMC picks). Unless we know Wilks is going to be the coach next year we need to play for capital. 

1 minute ago, SameDamnThing said:

Cash out on those picks. It sucks they will be so far in the future, but the Rams are due for a MAJOR fall off. it has already started but they're trying to trade their future to get back to the SB. those picks could be from a non-playoff team if Stafford is starting to lose it and Kupp starts aging. Burns isn't going to turn the tide by himself and he's a pass rusher only. 

Yeah I don't get the reluctance around here.

The rams are bent over a barrel just waiting for the Panthers, and the Panthers are like "oooh...look at the turtles over there!"  

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

How is wait two years a big deal?

We are a 2-6 (17-40 past 4) team with no franchise QB and no permanent head coach.

We beat a bad Tampa team that is one bad penalty away from a 6 game losing streak and we didn’t even beat Atlanta even with a 60 yard Hail Mary and people act like we are winning the SB next year so we can’t wait until 2024.

SMH. This is one of those Jamal Adams/Laramy Tunsil type trades that opens up your cap space and give you extra talent. Both teams are more talented teams now and neither we’re about to win anything. They may have both picked the wrong QBs but overall their teams are more talented now with the extra picks than they were about to break the bank for one player.

If the picks weren't far off I would be more inclined to heavily consider the offer. But either way I'm just a fan and I'll let it play out and roll with the results. But I can tell you one fuging thing. I'll be here to remind the folks bitching about the losing because there will be bitching.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

Just now, Waldo said:

2 future 1st isn't enough and Akers shouldn't be on that table. They would have to throw in a player who isn't ruined by injuries for just those picks to work. It just doesn't seem like a great deal for us...yet. 

I do expect those picks to be valuable with how the Rams are operating. Seems like they are hell bent on burning through their future and I have no idea how they plan to deal with their cap or lack of picks in the future in 2 years. 

2 years is near enough I don't expect a collapse... Frankly the picks would probably be higher in the first a bit after that, haha