• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kiper top 5 Bigboard(3 qbs)

micnificent28

7 hours ago, Snake said:

You're seriously joking right. Alabama has the 9th ranked offensive line in the country while Tenn has the 62 ranked offensive line. Go home and play less stupid games kid. 

You went to the same high school as Hooker,  right? Either that or your his momma. No one else would select him over Young. 

10 hours ago, Snake said:

Bull Bama as a entire team has way more talent and at least Hooker can see over his line. Hooker>>>>>>>>young. Period. 

Hooker’s top 2 weapons will go in the first 2 rounds.

the Bryce’s top 3, none will be drafted in the 1st 4 rounds.

Hooker plays in a 1 read, college spread offense where the HC schemes the WRs wide open.  It’s actually very similar to Art Briles system at Baylor (Bryce Petty put up 32 TDs to 3 ints in the exact same offense)

Bryce plays in a Pro system and goes through reads etc.  hence why scouts have him at the top despite his size.  It’s because his processing and how he reads the field.  There’s a reason many say he is a Point Guard at QB.

people get too wrapped up in Hooker because he is a local and putting up gawdy stats.

Reminds me a lot of Jax fans when The Golden Calf of Bristol coming out. 

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Did you go to the same high school as Hooker? Either that or you're his momma. No one else would select Hooker over Young except smart people. 

Yeah I didn't think you had a intelligent response for that. I fixed it for you anyway kid. You're welcome! No thanks needed. 

32 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Hooker’s top 2 weapons will go in the first 2 rounds.

the Bryce’s top 3, none will be drafted in the 1st 4 rounds.

Hooker plays in a 1 read, college spread offense where the HC schemes the WRs wide open.  It’s actually very similar to Art Briles system at Baylor (Bryce Petty put up 32 TDs to 3 ints in the exact same offense)

Bryce plays in a Pro system and goes through reads etc.  hence why scouts have him at the top despite his size.  It’s because his processing and how he reads the field.  There’s a reason many say he is a Point Guard at QB.

people get too wrapped up in Hooker because he is a local and putting up gawdy stats.

Reminds me a lot of Jax fans when The Golden Calf of Bristol coming out. 

Bryce Young has the 6th best OL in the country. He also has a better team all around to get him the ball more. Hooker has a OL in the low 60s. People get too hyped up about Alabama every year because their roster is always full of first round picks and run the Sabin system. That's why good NFL QBs don't come from Alabama. Especially the ones not talk enough to see the passing lanes. You don't get to play Upper Mississippi State in the NFL. You also don't get those passing numbers from Good WRs and a shitty line unless you are a good QB. Is Hooker a top  5 QB? No but Young isn't either. 

Edited by Snake

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Bryce Young has the 6th best OL in the country. He also has a better team all around to get him the ball more. Hooker has a OL in the low 60s. People get too hyped up about Alabama every year because their roster is always full of first round picks and run the Sabin system. That's why good NFL QBs don't come from Alabama. Especially the ones not talk enough to see the passing lanes. You don't get to play Upper Mississippi State in the NFL. You also don't get those passing numbers from Good WRs and a shitty line unless you are a good QB. Is Hooker a top  5 QB? No but Young isn't either. 

So you don’t have Young or Hooker in your top 5 QBs….who is your top 5 then? Can’t wait to see

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

A lot of that ranking is due to Bryce using his feet and avoiding sacks.  In fact talent wise.  You don’t see any Bama OL being hyped up as pro prospects on this OL.  In fact there said to be the worst OL they’ve had under Saban.

Tennessee has Wright who is at-least a early rd 2 talent.  If it’s were a guy like Mac Jones back there.  They’d be near the bottom of the conference 

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I know around here that most people panic to the extreme regarding any little thing. That’s fine. 

Levis should absolutely still be considered a top prospect in the upcoming draft despite his game at UT. Take it from someone who watches every Kentucky football game (yes, I subject myself to torture most years), Will’s struggles have much, much more to do with having an awful OC/play caller than him not being a good QB. 

When UK had a competent OC, Will lit it up and the team clicked on offense. Think about how many times this board has freaked out over a play caller. I feel like it’s been happening since I started posting on this board. Or even reading back when Cam was first drafted. Why can’t that same logic be applied to WL? 

Everyone has their favorites, but let’s cool it on calling this kid a bust or anything like that. If by slim chance he is our pick in the first round, it will be fine. He has all the physical tools needed to be great at this level, and once we, hopefully, hire a new staff that knows offense, we will be set. 

/rant

4 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I know around here that most people panic to the extreme regarding any little thing. That’s fine. 

Levis should absolutely still be considered a top prospect in the upcoming draft despite his game at UT. Take it from someone who watches every Kentucky football game (yes, I subject myself to torture most years), Will’s struggles have much, much more to do with having an awful OC/play caller than him not being a good QB. 

When UK had a competent OC, Will lit it up and the team clicked on offense. Think about how many times this board has freaked out over a play caller. I feel like it’s been happening since I started posting on this board. Or even reading back when Cam was first drafted. Why can’t that same logic be applied to WL? 

Everyone has their favorites, but let’s cool it on calling this kid a bust or anything like that. If by slim chance he is our pick in the first round, it will be fine. He has all the physical tools needed to be great at this level, and once we, hopefully, hire a new staff that knows offense, we will be set. 

/rant

Levis will be interesting.  Will have to look at him totality.  His full film, interviews, workouts, pro days.

he has tools.  And it’s a risk.  Plenty of people have swung and missed on guys like him.  Then again,  if you hit.  You hit big.  (See Josh Allen). Allen really didn’t look good or put up stats at Wyoming but ooozed in traits

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, Snake said:

Ummm... Tua and Jalen Hurts are both undersized Bama QBs?

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

So you don’t have Young or Hooker in your top 5 QBs….who is your top 5 then? Can’t wait to see

These are not ranked but general top 5

1.Stroud

2. Will Levis

3. Tanner McKee

4. Cameron Ward

5. Grayson McCall. 

honorable mentions

Michael Penix jr

Anthony Richardson

1 hour ago, NCBlu said:

Panthers need a QB that makes his team better, not one on a great team that's making him look better.

I would take the QB that looks good but not on one of the top NCAA teams with stacked talent all around 

I can see the benefit in choosing a QB that has elevated their team beyond their average success, but there are a lot of good NFL QBs we’d have missed with that approach. 

Burrow, Stafford, Murray, Hurts to name a few. I think it’s more evident when a QB comes from a college with less talent, but that doesn’t mean those at the blue bloods can’t be franchise QBs. 

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

A lot of that ranking is due to Bryce using his feet and avoiding sacks.  In fact talent wise.  You don’t see any Bama OL being hyped up as pro prospects on this OL.  In fact there said to be the worst OL they’ve had under Saban.

Tennessee has Wright who is at-least a early rd 2 talent.  If it’s were a guy like Mac Jones back there.  They’d be near the bottom of the conference 

Worst OL for Alabama is still in the top 10. That's a big difference than say most of the rest of college football. Also Wright is more a 2nd day RT not second round. Hooker keeps rushers at bay with his running just like Young but both have flaws. Young being he's 5 11 and Hooker being his age and system. Neither will be franchise QBs. Besides there are other QBs with better mesurables and similar stats when put in prospective.