• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq says Wilks is bringing back the Panthers to what they used to be.

rayzor

I’m grateful that the guys believe in Wilks. I genuinely want him to do well. But, I’m not interested in what the panthers used to be. What we’ve been is nothing more than an inconsistent mess for the better part of 25 years. That game last week was a perfect description of our history. A few really high highs followed by some really low lows with a whole lot of meh in the middle. 

We need to demand better than what we used to be. If Wilks and Shaq can’t deliver that, then it’s time to look elsewhere. 

Just being a competitive  football team is not the bar that we need to be shooting for. We need to win. 

• Pie 8
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 4

Meh. This team has always sucked for the most part. And like 90% of nfl games are lost by 7 or less points or some poo. Hell even most Rhule’s losses were by little points. That’s the nfl and how it works. Even the 0-16 lions had like 7 or 8 one score losses. Even with subpar coaching  the talent of being the best of the best alone creates that.

What I’m trying to say is almost…or being a ‘tough team’ undefeated in moral victories is not good enough.

I am so ready for this franchise to get its poo together and truly be a modern, consistently competitive team for the first time in it’s almost 30 year history. The history of the panthers is not that and Wilks is not that guy. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 4

Time to try a risk taking offensive coach.   I wanna see a team that has a pass first mentality that set ups the run. Seeing we’re going to break the bank for Burns I want an offence that can put up points so the man can just pin his ears back and go after the QB not getting  bullied by clock chewing runs 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

So back to being wildly inconsistent year to year?  No thanks.  I get the players respect Wilks, and that is good, but I start to worry when they are too friendly.  That is when we get back to vets playing over the young guys that are clearly better, etc.  We need a HC with a mind that wins games of today, not 20 years ago.

Edited by Zaximus
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I get what you guys are saying, but damn there are some sad dudes in here.

I wonder if you enjoyed any of the Cam/Luke era.

Most franchises would do anything to have what we had in 2015. I don’t give a fug about the last game anymore. That poo was an unbelievable treat and it won’t be ruined by 1 day. I’ll never forget going to that NFC championship game. 

An actual Super Bowl win would be tough to beat the feeling in that stadium that day. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2