• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Frank Reich fired

Mr. Scot

Just now, Waldo said:

He may not be first in line on blame for those but unless he was screaming 'NO' then he was probably part of the problem. Just those 2 moves will is enough to fire a HC and/or GM. When they got Ryan I knew it was going to end poorly over there. And after Wentz like they learned nothing. 

I don't know that he had much say in personnel decisions.

(he certainly didn't have Matt Rhule's contract)

All GMs listen to their coaches to some extent though, and it's not hard to believe Reich may have thought he could fix Wentz's issues 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd take him as a QB coach for sure, possibly even as an OC.

Interestingly in a tangental tree to Steichen who followed the same LAC to PHI path as Reich. 

Still want Steichen as HC more than anything and would trust with his staff build.  Especially how Herbert looks with him gone and Hurts looks with him in PHI.  He's got something going on.  He's got his pulse on the modern ballgame. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

All GMs listen to their coaches to some extent though, and it's not hard to believe Reich may have thought he could fix Wentz's issues 

One could argue he masked them about as well as any head coach could have at this stage of his career.  Look at Wentz #s with the Colts last year and his #s with the Commanders this year.  Numbers don't tell the whole story of course but Wentz was producing way more across the board.  

I think Reich will definitely get an interview here.  Experienced, offensive-minded head coach.  Not sure if we would hire him but an interview for sure

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

One could argue he masked them about as well as any head coach could have at this stage of his career.  Look at Wentz #s with the Colts last year and his #s with the Commanders this year.  Numbers don't tell the whole story of course but Wentz was producing way more across the board.  

I think Reich will definitely get an interview here.  Experienced, offensive-minded head coach.  Not sure if we would hire him but an interview for sure

Roaring Riot is asking the question...

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That wasn't Reich's fault, though he may have believed he could fix Wentz.

I know he was downright awful in that season finale game against Jax but stats wise Reich did a decent job with Wentz

Wentz threw a career high 15 ints in 2020 in 12 games. Reich brought that number down to 7 in 17 games in 2021. Wentz has 6 ints already this year in just 6 games

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

An ex-QB HC drafting HIS rookie QB in year-1 could not be set up better.

What experience does he have developing a rookie? Indy seemed to prefer the vet approach during his tenure.

I think I'd still prefer someone from the Shanahan tree. 

• Pie 1