• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College BBall 2022

jayboogieman

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

It was a bad look to completely miss the tournament with that team.  When was the last time UNC missed it?  Matt Doherty?? I think he will be good in the long run, but taking that team to the finals the previous year raised fans expectations too high.  

UNC missed the tourney under Roy Williams at least once, maybe a couple times. And that’s one of the top college coaches of all time.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

UNC missed the tourney under Roy Williams at least once, maybe a couple times. And that’s one of the top college coaches of all time.

Good call! Looks like they missed it in 2010. Again I think Davis kind of hurt himself by taking that nearly identical roster to the championship the prior year. He is obviously getting more time as HC which he should. 

21 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Wilcher thinks he is a OAD player and doesn't want to come off the bench at all. He was expecting to go to UNC and start immediately and have the ability to show he is an OAD player. With RJ coming back and the Cadeau reclassification, he knows he isn't starting and decided to leave because of that. 

If Wilcher is that deluded then it's addition by subtraction IMO. These guys have to understand that 6'4" combo guards are a dime a dozen in the NBA. And another dose of reality... "combo guard" is just a nice way of saying "undersized SG". Again, a dime a dozen in the NBA. 

Wilcher is ranked what? In the mid-30s? How many guys ranked in the mid-30s are OAD? Hell, for that matter, how many guys ranked in the mid-30s ever make an NBA roster? I get it. Virtually every 4 and 5 star recruit thinks he's a future NBA or NFL player but the reality is that most of those guys won't play in the NBA. At least with basketball there's ample international opportunities as well.

A mid-30s ranked 6'4" "combo guard" thinks he's a surefire OADer? Okay. Bye.

On 6/6/2023 at 8:46 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

This is just the current landscape of college sports. I guess he didn't expect Cadeau to reclassify even though it was pretty widely expected. Watch him end up at St. John's. Pitino has been chirping in his ear ever since taking that job.

Yep, Wilcher to St. John's. Blatant tampering. Whatever. Best of luck. Moving on.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/simeon-wilcher-commits-to-st-johns-ex-unc-signee-is-rick-pitinos-highest-ranked-recruit-in-2023-class/

On 6/8/2023 at 8:40 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

I have to and you trying to put a HC on the hotseat after 2 years.

I think you are smart enough to know it takes more than 2 years to build a program. I think Hubert deserves at least 3 years before we think about the hot seat.

If Hubert misses the NCAA tourney again next year UNC will ask him to resign, and he probably will. Unacceptable. 

Y’all casuals freaking out about players transferring and bailing last minute…. Welcome to the new era college sports. No point to sit on the bench and earn your stripes when you can just transfer to smaller or lesser program and get the mins and probably a bag 

and yeah noted ethical and stand up human being Rick Pitino 100% tampered with the wilcher kid. He was obviously scared about the kid from Brown university taking some of his minutes. Pussy. 

On 6/8/2023 at 10:13 PM, WUnderhill said:

They missed the tourney in ‘10 after a roster reshuffle from one of the best college basketball teams of all time in 2009. They would have missed it in 2020 but got bailed out by Covid. 

duke missed it in 2021. Kentucky missed it recently I believe and they have not played to the level of their roster. Shaeden Sharpe great example of the type of kids they are getting. 

On 6/15/2023 at 1:17 PM, Shocker said:

Pitino is such a snake...god I hate that dude

Again dude, while the timing wasn’t great for the Wilcher thing but I’m sure the tampering had been going on for weeks if not months. 

real analysis says that a kid who is very athletic but is not a good shooter saw his situation change and was afraid of a couple transfers taking his minutes and hurting his nba stock. Easy way out and got paid to do it. Best wishes. Don’t need softies infiltrating the program. 

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

If Hubert misses the NCAA tourney again next year UNC will ask him to resign, and he probably will. Unacceptable. 

Y’all casuals freaking out about players transferring and bailing last minute…. Welcome to the new era college sports. No point to sit on the bench and earn your stripes when you can just transfer to smaller or lesser program and get the mins and probably a bag 

and yeah noted ethical and stand up human being Rick Pitino 100% tampered with the wilcher kid. He was obviously scared about the kid from Brown university taking some of his minutes. Pussy. 

You good bro?

2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

I am better than you ever have been and ever will be 

I doubt it.

Im a 33 year old CEO who is the owner of my box truck business. Started with 1 box truck, I now own 10 box trucks with 9 drivers. My company is small but we are growing by the year. And all of my drivers are grossing over 20k a month for a single driver.

Can you sit at home and get paid for no work?

I doubt it. Don't you ever disrespect me like that again. If you want proof PM I will gladly humble you.

On 6/19/2023 at 6:18 PM, 4Corners said:

Again dude, while the timing wasn’t great for the Wilcher thing but I’m sure the tampering had been going on for weeks if not months. 

real analysis says that a kid who is very athletic but is not a good shooter saw his situation change and was afraid of a couple transfers taking his minutes and hurting his nba stock. Easy way out and got paid to do it. Best wishes. Don’t need softies infiltrating the program. 

I don’t know Wilcher but even with the question marks I have with Hubert this was a much better situation for him than playing for that guy.  If he fades into obscurity there it won’t be at all surprising