• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I’m starting to turn on Fitterer

TheBigKat

35 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

the majority of folks on here wanted Parsons. Micah is on his way to being DPOY in year 2

I dont think this is the case at all. I think this is people looking at this after seeing the results. People would have lots their minds if we drafted an off the line LB at 8. 

But people love to play the 'I would have drafted x player..." game so there is that... 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's been a week now if anyone wants to spend the next several months all the way up to the draft shouting at clouds over the Burns trade that's their choice but I'm good on all that. It didn't happen move on.

People here still piss and moan over what happened to Cam's career and salivate over 2015. We aren't moving from Burns for a long, long time.

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

I dont think this is the case at all. I think this is people looking at this after seeing the results. People would have lots their minds if we drafted an off the line LB at 8. 

But people love to play the 'I would have drafted x player..." game so there is that... 

I think the majority of the folks wanted Fields or Jones.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Fitt was here then so he should be able to produce the scouting reports on Fields, Slater, Horn, Parsons and Surtain

Edited by mrcompletely11

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

People here still piss and moan over what happened to Cam's career and salivate over 2015. We aren't moving from Burns for a long, long time.

What the hell even is this comparison man? Yes people still talk about our only two Super Bowl seasons. Shocking.

• Beer 4

37 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Horn pick, very high for a corner and the majority of folks on here wanted Parsons. Micah is on his way to being DPOY in year 2

Trading for Gilmore/Henderson- this team was not ready to compete. Gilmore came as a 1 year rental for no reason and Henderson is a JAG. That’s costly draft capital

signing Jackson/Thomas- these guys are nowhere close to the contracts they received 

Not trading Moore- a solid #2 who isn’t a stud #1 WR to a team that is sitting at 3-5. We basically would have had a top 12 pick for Moore

Not trading Burns- a guy who is Osi Umenyoria who will be paid as the highest paid DE here soon and has never posted double digit sacks. Getting 2 firsts and a second from a team that’s falling off the Cliff talent wise and under .500, this would have been two top 12 picks and a high second for the Panthers

I'll defend Jaycee Horn pick until I'm blue in the face but I'm also biased since he's an SC alum. But... that draft is looking like a disaster for us. Micah Parsons is going to be a hall of famer, probably Surtain too. There were legitimate red flags on Parsons going into the draft so I wasn't too surprised by that and we needed a corner, but may have taken the wrong one. Rashawn Slater also looking excellent from that draft but "T-rex" arms.... and then there's Justin Fields, the QB I would have drafted and wanted at the time. We are barely 2 years off of that draft and hindsight looks brutal there.

Trades for Gilmore/Henderson were rough, but definitely to appease staff and make a playoff push, didn't work out and now that regime is gone. Not too upset about it.

I get why they didn't trade DJ or Burns, you still need good players in this league and you should aspire to keep them... but that Packers pick is going to be good especially. I would've signed off on that for DJ, I still like keeping Burns despite the bounty that was offered. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The cmac and burns trade (and probably the moore one as well) are the first major tangible (non)moves that we can tie to fitt.  Its something that we can track as good or bad in regards to him.   No matter what happens now he is going to be matched up with not taking that. 

When the rams tank for the next 3 years he is going to look like an idiot.  When the packers have a top 10 pick this year he is going to look like an idiot and there will be no matt rhule to blame.

The cmac was a no brainer

The moore trade was debatable but he probably should have done it

The Burns trade isnt even a debate.

The draft capital he could have walked with could have set us up nicely for a true rebuild

You guys aren't fully thinking logically. There are legitimate gripes about the non Burns trade. But with Moore that would have resulted in an instant dead cap hit well over 20 million dollars. The salary cap can be worked around but at some point you guys have to allow your rage to subside and start seeing these scenarios through a real world lens. And still some of you think that after still pending lawsuits involving pay to lose allegations and Doug Pederson losing his gig with Philly teams are out here tanking in the open. Let's talk football and leave all the conspiracy stuff for the tbox.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

You guys aren't fully thinking logically. There are legitimate gripes about the non Burns trade. But with Moore that would have resulted in an instant dead cap hit well over 20 million dollars. The salary cap can be worked around but at some point you guys have to allow your rage to subside and start seeing these scenarios through a real world lens. And still some of you think that after still pending lawsuits involving pay to lose allegations and Doug Pederson losing his gig with Philly teams are out here tanking in the open. Let's talk football and leave all the conspiracy stuff for the tbox.

The cap hit can be sustained.

And I have no clue what making great trades for great value has to do with tanking.  Nobody in the nfl would have blinked an eye trading moore and burns

10 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I was on the Sewell or Slater bandwagon. 

• Beer 1

The process has just been awful. In all honesty for the future of our team we should've made both deals. The Compensation for Burns is QB value. Now you have to pay him Elite edge money. The packers are a sinking ship with a tough Schedule. That has the potential to be a premium pick. Just my two cents regardless I'm going to support this team but this whole regime has been nothing short of a disaster.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The cap hit can be sustained.

And I have no clue what making great trades for great value has to do with tanking.  Nobody in the nfl would have blinked an eye trading moore and burns

We don't know what we were offered for Moore but I'm going to guess it was not a first and I say that based on other trades for receivers recently. So I'm not going to lose sleep over not taking a dime and a nickle for a 25 year old foundational offensive piece who is not a locker room problem.

Just now, frankw said:

We don't know what we were offered for Moore but I'm going to guess it was not a first and I say that based on other trades for receivers recently. So I'm not going to lose sleep over not taking a dime and a nickle for a 25 year old foundational offensive piece who is not a locker room problem.

The Packers offered a first for moore.   The 3 win green bay packers

• Flames 1