• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I’m starting to turn on Fitterer

TheBigKat

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I kinda think its more of a HC/staff hire legacy..

I sorta agree with kat, not moving BB for two 1s, now 2nd, and ankers?? while not having to buy 30 per?? take it and run to the hills.... but BB wants to be here, so hometown discount, right?

I hope there’s a discount I just don’t think Tepper pulls rank on the coaching hire

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Re burns:  Once he is extend his value goes down.  The Rams wanted him cheap.  I seriously doubt we are getting 2 firsts and a second in the offseason and furthermore why would fitt decide to trade him in the off season?

In regards to the moore deal, I said it was worth a debate not the slam dunk that the burns deal was and if it ends up being a top 10 pick i think it blows away moores value then.   As a fanbase we tend to overvalue our players.  Like Burns, moore is good but he is not a game changer.

His value doesn't go down. We recently extended Moore and he still held high trade value this year. Also, the only reason the Rams didn't extend Von Miller was because of his age. "Wanting him for the cheap". Those picks they offered didn't seem like they wanted him cheap. Did you expect them to not extend him after trading this "no brainer" of a haul for him? That is why Chubb was extended. We are not a farm system, NFL Europe team that just develops players and then gives them away. Carolina can compete with a competent QB. They could be competing in two years, or still waiting to take picks in hopes that they could be as good for the team as Moore and Burns. As a fanbase, some tend to undervalue our players.

6 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

His value doesn't go down. We recently extended Moore and he still held high trade value this year. Also, the only reason the Rams didn't extend Von Miller was because of his age. "Wanting him for the cheap". Those picks they offered didn't seem like they wanted him cheap. Did you expect them to not extend him after trading this "no brainer" of a haul for him? That is why Chubb was extended. We are not a farm system, NFL Europe team that just develops players and then gives them away. Carolina can compete with a competent QB. They could be competing in two years, or still waiting to take picks in hopes that they could be as good for the team as Moore and Burns. As a fanbase, some tend to undervalue our players.

So when the offer is down to a 1st(like Moore) this Spring, how is that good? You kept him for half a meaningless season at the cost of a 1st and 2nd rounder. 

And the cheap is referring to his current salary remaining of 1M for THIS year. That was what the Rams wanted. 

11 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

At first I thought, wow what a breath of fresh air in comparison to Hurney / Gettleman

Horn pick, very high for a corner and the majority of folks on here wanted Parsons. Micah is on his way to being DPOY in year 2

Trading for Gilmore/Henderson- this team was not ready to compete. Gilmore came as a 1 year rental for no reason and Henderson is a JAG. That’s costly draft capital

signing Jackson/Thomas- these guys are nowhere close to the contracts they received 

Not trading Moore- a solid #2 who isn’t a stud #1 WR to a team that is sitting at 3-5. We basically would have had a top 12 pick for Moore

Not trading Burns- a guy who is Osi Umenyoria who will be paid as the highest paid DE here soon and has never posted double digit sacks. Getting 2 firsts and a second from a team that’s falling off the Cliff talent wise and under .500, this would have been two top 12 picks and a high second for the Panthers

I give him a pass on Mayfield- we didn’t spend a lot on that experiment 

i give him an A on Eke

overall my opinion of Fitterer is unfortunately fading as the next coming of Ozzie Newsome and more so of a Thomas Dimitrioff

The guy can barely publicly speak without shitting his pants. He also has Tepper’s nut sack hanging off the bottom of his face