• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brown

WarHeel

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Overpaying average players and nailing first round picks are the two things Hurney did best.

I think Fitt's is or soon will be worse.

Fitterer already overpays teams in expensive trades, and then he doubles down and extends their contracts. Actually, this last off-season he restructured several contracts, making room for Watson, then failed trying to trade for him (🙏 thank god). 

We're in for one more giant clusterfug of an off-season where Fitter is going to feel pressured to get it right at quarterback and coach. And I think he's going to be making some huge trade offers for both.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

There was never anything wrong with Brown. He needed dline help and seasoning. He's the best dlineman we have by a mile. 

I really hope you weren’t on the “brown is a bust” train with 95% of the huddle last year, because this take looks good now, but he was getting absolutely railed last year here.  I won’t go digging in your past, but let’s hope not

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Derrick Brown is the rock of this defense.  Anyone questioning him don’t get football 

31st in allowing rushing 1st downs.  30th in allowing rushing yards. Tied for dead last in fumbles lost. Tied for 29th in allowing rushing TDs.

He was moved to NT because he sucked at 3 tech. Teams still run right at Brown and Burns as their main game plan. Result is 7 wins and 3 losses.

Would you want to be called the DL rock of that defense? I'd imagine you'd be aiming to get replaced.

He makes some hero plays. He had a good game in a win against one of the worst team in the NFL. He is run at all the time and teams win more than they lose. Teams give him plenty of opportunities to pad those stats because they know he makes a lot of mistakes and missed tackles while tiring out quickly and giving up on plays when he is beat.

He seemingly played a full game without being lazy and giving up against the Falcons. The result was a win. Someone got on him and he was motivated. Let's see him stay motivated and stop the running game like a SB contending NT can do week in and week out. Let's see offenses give up on game planning to run up the middle on him.

This DL is horrible against the run and can barely tackle. They are built to be a speed rush college DL. If all they had to do was pressure and rush the passer, this D would be #1. Too bad teams can screen pass and run on them easily.

• Poo 4

I find it ironic one season doesn’t make him a bust but all of a sudden not even one season makes him a beast

let’s see some consistency at least one more season because before this year and even the first couple games he looked like hot trash

Just sayin bc i can’t even count the number of players where in ‘clicked’ closer to payday this franchise has wasted resources on…

Edited by onmyown

5 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

31st in allowing rushing 1st downs.  30th in allowing rushing yards. Tied for dead last in fumbles lost. Tied for 29th in allowing rushing TDs.

He was moved to NT because he sucked at 3 tech. Teams still run right at Brown and Burns as their main game plan. Result is 7 wins and 3 losses.

Would you want to be called the DL rock of that defense? I'd imagine you'd be aiming to get replaced.

He makes some hero plays. He had a good game in a win against one of the worst team in the NFL. He is run at all the time and teams win more than they lose. Teams give him plenty of opportunities to pad those stats because they know he makes a lot of mistakes and missed tackles while tiring out quickly and giving up on plays when he is beat.

He seemingly played a full game without being lazy and giving up against the Falcons. The result was a win. Someone got on him and he was motivated. Let's see him stay motivated and stop the running game like a SB contending NT can do week in and week out. Let's see offenses give up on game planning to run up the middle on him.

This DL is horrible against the run and can barely tackle. They are built to be a speed rush college DL. If all they had to do was pressure and rush the passer, this D would be #1. Too bad teams can screen pass and run on them easily.

You are a miserable human

• Pie 4