• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther Win Pie!

Shocker

No NFL player is going to not want to win.  If he does , he won't be around very long.  You can't ask them to tank. You can't ask a coaching staff to tank. 

Especially if there is a chance they can make the playoffs. 

Tanking is for fans.  Personally I don't see a clear path to a franchise QB in next years draft.  Probably one of the ones coming out for next seasons draft will be good, but no one can say who it is.  There's no Cam, or Andrew Luck , or Payton Manning coming out. So if we draft 10-20 we still might get the one who will be good. Yes, we need to draft the best QB available.

Yes, our season probably is not going to end well, but I'm all on board with the players in Panther Uniforms giving it their all. We have 3 wins.  Will we get our last two season average ( 5 )  ?  I think we do. I also think we get more than that.  We might get 6, or more.  And that's IMPROVEMENT.  We suck still, but now we're getting to see players lost on the bench and practice squad. Could TMJ actually be a decent number 2 receiver ?   At least now we'll get to see if he's worth keeping for next season. 

Uh our last THREE seasons were five wins and before them was 7.

Also, going from an average of 5.25 to 6 is NOT improvement, that’s luck. In 17 games no, no less lol

man you guys who love moral wins so much seem to forget them very quickly 

also I saw no one pointing out our triumphant win vs saints third stringers in 2019 as we we losing like hell through those years…

let’s refer to this game next year when we are on track for 5 wins again

at least you guys are still around. I will give you that. But the whole ‘at least the water isn’t cold’ while the ship sinks and we drown is weird.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 2

28 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Uh our last THREE seasons were five wins and before them was 7.

Also, going from an average of 5.25 to 6 is NOT improvement, that’s luck. In 17 games no, no less lol

man you guys who love moral wins so much seem to forget them very quickly 

also I saw no one pointing out our triumphant win vs saints third stringers in 2019 as we we losing like hell through those years…

let’s refer to this game next year when we are on track for 5 wins again

at least you guys are still around. I will give you that. But the whole ‘at least the water isn’t cold’ while the ship sinks and we drown is weird.

What part of the players aren't going to tank for a draft pick.  You consistently bitch and moan that we win a game.   Tanking is a term for Fans.  Yeah, I get you think that one of these QBs in the 2023 MIGHT be the answer.  They might not.  You realize if you pick the wrong QB in a draft you set yourself back 3 or 4 years.   Franchise QBs aren't available every year. 

Games are meant to be played to win.  Not lose so the Huddle can start planning our next QB. 

• Pie 3

6 hours ago, PappyMay said:

Levis, Stroud, Young, AR15. Know one knows yet which will be the best QB in the league yet. Lets just enjoy the wins. If money is close or  similar I'm sure free agents will avoid a hot mess of a team. Lets look decent.  Who cares if we pick top 3 again if we pick another Darnold or Mayfield.

If UNC QB Drake Maye, who has area roots,  comes out for the 2024 NFL Draft as expected, I am all for drafting him, even at a high cost.

Next year may prove me wrong but currently Maye is showing the talent needed to become a good starting NFL QB with potential  star status.

5 hours ago, Purrnicious said:

Please explain how I, as a fan, am supposed to cause the team to lose? What actions do I need to be taking to insure we get the number 1 draft pick? Should I spend my time at the game trying to cheer for the other team or something? 

The draft position will be what it will be. None of this moaning on the forum is gonna generate any extra L's for this team. So why not enjoy a win when it comes? You literally can't do anything to change it. 

You’re right. There’s nothing we can do about it. I just can’t enjoy wins like these. I can’t help but look at the big picture and realize this franchise is just absolute trash right now 

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

What part of the players aren't going to tank for a draft pick.  You consistently bitch and moan that we win a game.   Tanking is a term for Fans.  Yeah, I get you think that one of these QBs in the 2023 MIGHT be the answer.  They might not.  You realize if you pick the wrong QB in a draft you set yourself back 3 or 4 years.   Franchise QBs aren't available every year. 

Games are meant to be played to win.  Not lose so the Huddle can start planning our next QB. 

Simply put, there’s too little control over the outcome of an NFL season or NFL draft for the a "Tanking" strategy to work in the long run. And intentionally bottoming out won’t work in most situations.

NFL teams can roll over salary cap space. This is unique in pro sports, and it is a resource that is entirely predictable. I don’t believe NFL teams do or will tank for draft picks. I believe NFL teams are tanking for cap space.

By intentionally spending far below the cap, teams can build up a reserve of extra money that they can then use during a window of contention to keep their team together or supplement it with good free agents.

This roll over cap space is entirely within a team’s control and it has an obvious benefit. I believe this is the new way forward in the NFL for rebuilding teams,