• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is RB still a draft need?

Panthers Fan 69

3 hours ago, electro's horse said:

we just got out of a big contract to a RB; why get right under another? Especially when the team just showed it can find one off the scrap heap and get production. 

RB is the most fungible position in the league. It's stupid to commit money to it. 

You do know at some point you have a pay good players right?  You don’t get to complain about performance if you aren’t paying anyone 

And Fitty needs serious credit for signing this dude.  At 26 as good as he is that was fuggin genius 

Edited by Shocker

7 hours ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I don't think age matters as much as tread for RBs. Foreman has 331 career carries and 353 career total touches. CMC, despite missing 23 games, has 269 carries and 366 touches since 2020 alone.

That’s how people justified signing both Double Trouble to big deals though.   

age is age at RB IMO.  You can luck into a freak that defies it but IMO that has little to do with touches.  Frank Gore didn’t go forever because of lack of touches.  He was just an odd duck and saw that coming in. 

9 hours ago, Growl said:

I’d still be thinking about Jahmyr Gibbs at the top of the second pretty hard 

Reminds me of Kamara. I just think he'll be gone last first.... to a team like the Bills. 

The Day 1 starters/stars are: Robinson and Gibbs. 

Late picks that can run with power but also have some sort of explosive traits...Kenny McIntosh, or Chris Rodriguez Jr from Kentucky. McIntosh will be an even better pro than college runner I'm predicting.. Rodriguez has the skillset but fumbling issues and off the field problems might keep him on the board until the 4th-5th. Both have clear talent. Charbonnet fits that physical mold also. 

If size isn't an issue and we already have a powerback I'd be looking HARD at Devon Archane. I also like Deuce Vaughn but his height works against him. Archane is straight speed tho..the closest you'll see to Tyreek at the rb position. He gets points for his return ability also. Vaughn size make Injuries a constant concern. Hell it might cause him to go undrafted...stranger things have happened. His talent and potential as a runner in space is ridiculous though.. I just put him in the 3-down back convo.

Fitts will probably resign Foreman for another one year deal if he continues as he's projected to. That'll probably land him in the 4 mil range. And tbh, Blackshear in college and preseason was pretty impressive also. Chubba is better than alot of people credit but he's also dropped about 400+ yards of potential production since drafted. I don't think McAdoo's scheme is intended for any kind of finesse back. 

Everything hinges on the new HC and OC. But their are always choices. I'd rather throw a late rounder at a rb before a long snapper though. 

We could also go Curom, or Bigsby. Pick your preference. Archane might be my favorite back after Gibbs and Robinson (subject to change). 

6 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

We need the HC/GM situation decided asap so we can get talking to Bozeman and Foreman. Would be a huge loss as a combo, the rest of the O-line and Chuba are still under contract next year 

I agree but hypothetically if we have to choose just one, by far it would be Boze. Certain players you dont let walk... Foreman I could live with. Bozeman would be a huge hit. 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I agree but hypothetically if we have to choose just one, by far it would be Boze. Certain players you dont let walk... Foreman I could live with. Bozeman would be a huge hit. 

RB's are completely fungible. If anyone can't see that a center of Bozeman's quality would be far far harder to replace than any sort of RB you care to name, I don't know what to tell them.

• Pie 1