• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other NFL Games Thread

kungfoodude

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That's fine, but I pretty much listen to ESPN all day, and most say he is the top, and most are picking him to be the MVP at this particular moment. 

ESPN's opinions change on a regular basis.

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Scot, if you had to pick one QB to start a the right now, who is your choice? Mine is Mahomes and it's not even close.

This is what I was just explaining in another thread.

There's probably somewhere between five to ten to twelve or so that I could be fine with.

As long as I've got someone in that top tier, I don't give a sh-t if they're the best, third best, sixth best or whatever.

It's a team sport.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

ESPN's opinions change on a regular basis.

This is what I was just explaining in another thread.

There's probably somewhere between five to ten to twelve or so that I could be fine with.

As long as I've got someone in that top tier, I don't give a sh-t if they're the best, third best, sixth best or whatever.

It's a team sport.

Well, most people are going to say Mahomes. I want the best, and that's what he is. 

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Maybe not as invincible as they looked, but they are still a Super Bowl threat.  Every team is flawed.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Way too soon to know that.

Plenty of teams who go to and or / win Super Bowls have in season slumps.

It’s hard to overcome missing pro bowlers at both safety spots, CB, and mlb. If they get healthy maybe but they also stink in close games. Bad recipe for a run. 

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Well, most people are going to say Mahomes. I want the best, and that's what he is. 

You're going to get a lot of votes for Aaron Rodgers too. Probably also others.

If you expand it to all time, You'll probably get a lot of Tom Brady votes, but is he really a better quarterback than say, Manning or Brees, or was he just on better teams?

The whole "who's the absolute #1 best" discussion really only matters to sports fans and talk radio guys.

Give me somebody that we as a team can win with and I won't give a sh-t whether somebody thinks they're better or worse than Dan Marino or Joe Montana.

7 minutes ago, RJK said:

It’s hard to overcome missing pro bowlers at both safety spots, CB, and mlb. If they get healthy maybe but they also stink in close games. Bad recipe for a run. 

Allen himself is hurt too.

Gotta see what happens in December though.

17 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Maybe not as invincible as they looked, but they are still a Super Bowl threat.  Every team is flawed.

Honestly, to me the most interesting discussion coming out of Buffalo right now is whether Ken Dorsey is still as high on people's potential head coaching lists as he used to be.

48 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That's fine, but I pretty much listen to ESPN all day, and most say he is the top, and most are picking him to be the MVP at this particular moment. 

Just look at his wide receiver group and the fact he’s leading the league in passing yards and touchdowns. 100% agree dawg, Mahomes is in a league of his own right now.