• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other NFL Games Thread

kungfoodude

51 minutes ago, trueblade said:

They could implement any of these: 

1. Relax the rules in pre-snap motion. Things like allowing two players to be moving at once or allow an offensive player to move towards the line of scrimmage before the snap. CANADIAN LEAGUE BS

2. Eliminate the punt. Boring play and would change play calling. Plus some short fields create cheap points. [Patriots probably not a fan of this after today...] AFTER SCHOOL BS. 

3. Make DL twists and stunts illegal. AS LONG AS YOU MAKE IT ILLEGAL FOR LINEMEN TO PULL.

4. Make the mugg look (LBs in the A-gaps) illegal.  HUH?

5. Make it illegal for the Mike Linebacker to go more than 5-yards down field until the ball is passed or handed off.  AS LONG AS YOU MAKE IT ILLEGAL FOR THE TE TO GO BEYOND 5 YARDS. 

This is a terrible list. 

Maybe we should just require the defense not to rush the QB for 3 seconds too.

I sure hope it is sarcasm. 

That pass interference coming down the stretch.  Mike T. just said they had been going at it all night.  Kelce gets away with bullying and pushing off DBs and gets away with it.

The refs should have let that go.  It wasn't blatant.  Mahomes is Goodell's love child and wants him in the Super Bowl.  Gatta pull a string or two to make that happen.  

EVERY SINGLE GAME, KC gets a break from refs going down the stretch.

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

This is a terrible list. 

Maybe we should just require the defense not to rush the QB for 3 seconds too.

I sure hope it is sarcasm. 

I think people misunderstood. It's not a list of changes I hope they make. I'm not a fan of any of them.

It was a list built on the presupposition that the NFL will want changes this off-season to increase scoring and speculating on what those changes might be.

Just now, trueblade said:

I think people misunderstood. It's not a list of changes I hope they make. I'm not a fan of any of them.

It was a list built on the presupposition that the NFL will want changes this off-season to increase scoring and speculating on what those changes might be.

Why not just pull the defense.   Carolina will score two plays later. 

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And we want to tank for a QB in this upcoming draft.  NONE of them can carry Herbert's jockstrap. 

OH the irony. 

Herbert's ceiling is Phillip Rivers, Drew Bledsoe, Matt Ryan, and Dan Fouts. Good QBs. Great game managers. Shaky in the clutch. They don't win championships. Excellent 4 minute drive QBs, but will choke in the 1 minute drive.

I'd take a clumsy/awkward QB that makes the occasional mistake during the game, but comes up clutch when the victory is on the line. Montana, Brady, Warner, Johnson, Delhomme and Garappolo.

The Rivers, Bledsoe, Ryan and Herbert QBs will always win the beauty contest, but they won't take home the championship trophy.

Here are the current list of top 13 active clutch QBs in the NFL. They have the highest GWD% of 30% or higher: These are the QBs you would want to build an offense around if playoff wins and championships are your goal). Herbert is below 2 QBs the Panthers could of had on their 2022 roster.

1. Cooper Rush - 75.0%

2. Patrick Mahomes - 44.4% SB

3. Tom Brady - 41.3% SB

4. Lamar Jackson - 40.0%

5. Tua Tagovailoa - 40.0%

6. Jimmy Garoppolo - 39.3% SB (w/ GWD Monday night, Jimmy G jumps to #3 over Brady)

7. Russell Wilson - 36.8% SB

8. Josh Allen - 35.1% 

9. Dak Prescott - 33.3%

10. Taylor Heinicke - 33.3%

11. Justin Herbert - 33.3%

12. Nick Foles - 32.5% SB

13. Matt Ryan - 30.1% SB

6 of these QBs are 1st rounders. 2 have been to the SB and only 1 has won the SB. 7 of these QBs are not 1st rounders and  4 have gone to the SB with 3 of them winning. I believe with the addition of CMC, Jimmy G will make it 4 clutch SB winning QBs for non-first rounders. In the top 10 is 1 top 5 pick, another 2 top 10 picks, 1 late 1st round pick, 1 second round pick, 1 3rd round pick, 1 4th round pick, 1 6th round pick, and 2 undrafted QBs. 

The bottom 5 active QBs who will be the least likely to lead a game winning drive starting with the worst is: 1. Davis Mills  2. Mac Jones  3. Sam Darnold  4. Justin Fields  5. Jacoby Brissett. Baker Mayfield comes in at 41st. PJ Walker is tied for last with 0%. In PJs favor he has only had 3 opportunities to lead a GWD, but he should produce a GWD before he racks up his 5th loss if he is good enough to win in the NFL (DJ did help steal PJ's first GWD by forcing a 50 yard PAT that was missed). This shows you how good Cooper Rush has been. The Cowboys lined Rush up for 4 losses going into the 4th quarter and Rush pulled out 3 wins for the Cowboys from those possible losses.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, trueblade said:

All of those would be awful changes, so I suspect we will see every one of them plus a few that were so awful anybody that thought of them immediately dismissed them.  If the competition committee wants a project, they should be tasked with reviewing the changes they have made in about the last 15 years and getting rid of most of them.  Start over from there.

There was a sports writer about 10 or 15 years ago that said the biggest problem with professional football is the NFL competition committee.  I might argue that the biggest problem is Roger Goodell, and somewhere on that list (but perhaps behind the competition committee) is Jerome Boger's officiating crew, but the guy's observation was pretty good. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

All of those would be awful changes, so I suspect we will see every one of them plus a few that were so awful anybody that thought of them immediately dismissed them.  If the competition committee wants a project, they should be tasked with reviewing the changes they have made in about the last 15 years and getting rid of most of them.  Start over from there.

There was a sports writer about 10 or 15 years ago that said the biggest problem with professional football is the NFL competition committee.  I might argue that the biggest problem is Roger Goodell, and somewhere on that list (but perhaps behind the competition committee) is Jerome Boger's officiating crew, but the guy's observation was pretty good. 

Just waiting for Boger to be named head of officiating...

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Just waiting for Boger to be named head of officiating...

Somebody please delete this post before NFL HQ reads it.

That kind of move would be something I am used to seeing at work.  "Quick, the guy is utterly incompetent at his current job, so let's promote him."     It's even beyond the scope of the Peter Principle, which would require success in his current job before being promoted to a job he is unqualified for.

• Pie 1