• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other NFL Games Thread

kungfoodude

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

I agree cmac is more than just a hb and people are really ignorant to that - but fact remains he was being wasted here. He has got to be on a team that has multiple weapons and San Fran understood that. Otherwise opposing teams will just dial in on him and kill and offense designed with his as the main star. 

not to mention an OC/HC that knows how to use him and extend his career.

Carolina wasn’t doing poo with cmac, and that is the fault of being a shitty franchise with a dumbass owner.

For those reasons it was a good deal for everyone.

Was it good for the Panthers future? Panthers made it even tougher for their success in the NFC for the foreseeable future.

Panthers have to be the best in their division. Then they have to be better than the Rams, Packers, Eagles, and now 49ers. I believe the Panthers just made the 49ers the power of the NFC by giving them CMC and Jimmy G. Panthers front office has to build a team that will beat CMC and the 49ers now for future seasons.

Definitely not a good deal for the Panthers. I hope they hit the lottery on those late round picks they got and prove me wrong. I have yet to be proven wrong by the moves this franchise has been making with Tepper steering this ship.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Well they hired a college coach that got fired from Texas Tech, and then gave him an extension after getting destroyed in a wild card game..

The irony of all that was there was a lot of swirl last year that both Kingsbury might not be back and Murray may be on his way out.  Then they extended Kingsbury, picked up Murray's 5th year option and then extended him.

It sounds like something the Panthers would do.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

I agree cmac is more than just a hb and people are really ignorant to that - but fact remains he was being wasted here. He has got to be on a team that has multiple weapons and San Fran understood that. Otherwise opposing teams will just dial in on him and kill and offense designed with his as the main star. 

not to mention an OC/HC that knows how to use him and extend his career.

Carolina wasn’t doing poo with cmac, and that is the fault of being a shitty franchise with a dumbass owner.

For those reasons it was a good deal for everyone.

This. He's a helluva player but we sucked with him. We needed the draft capital more than we needed him. Just the reality. We aren't going anywhere until we find a coach and a QB. Getting draft capital out of CMC was the right move. And honestly, I look forward to seeing what he does with a better team, organization, and coach.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Its sad watching how well the forty whiners use CMC as an integrated part of an effective offense.  Watching us run him into the ground thru the years, while other decent backs sat on the bench just shows how bad our coaching was.  

We have a long, rich history of that.  First it was Cam as the one-man offense.  Then it was CMC.  It is just what we do.  I guess we can hope the next coach has different ideas.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

We have a long, rich history of that.  First it was Cam as the one-man offense.  Then it was CMC.  It is just what we do.  I guess we can hope the next coach has different ideas.

I said coaching staff, but it wasn't just the coach.  The GM's (Hurney and DG) played a huge role in the lack of talent on offense.  Gettleman's obsession with size over actual talent hurt us on offense.   

10 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Its sad watching how well the forty whiners use CMC as an integrated part of an effective offense.  Watching us run him into the ground thru the years, while other decent backs sat on the bench just shows how bad our coaching was.  

Well when you have a GWD QB who can use CMC effectively in Jimmy G, then you will win many close games if you don't blow teams out.

Who could of had Jimmy G and CMC working together in the offseason? That would be the Panthers.

38 minutes ago, Growl said:

that 2 the panthers got for one of the league’s premiere players is eeking closer and closer to the 3rd round

This should have been expected when CMC went to improve the 49ers to a SB contender. The Rams went after CMC too because they knew he would be the difference. The Panthers felt he was expendable. That  tells you all you need to know about the front office. The Panthers effectively chose to get a handful of mid to late round draft picks to improve a conference team for the foreseeable future. The front office raised the level of difficulty for the Panthers next rebuild.

It's not like winning in the NFL is not hard enough. Let's make it even harder!

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

Was it good for the Panthers future? Panthers made it even tougher for their success in the NFC for the foreseeable future.

Panthers have to be the best in their division. Then they have to be better than the Rams, Packers, Eagles, and now 49ers. I believe the Panthers just made the 49ers the power of the NFC by giving them CMC and Jimmy G. Panthers front office has to build a team that will beat CMC and the 49ers now for future seasons.

Definitely not a good deal for the Panthers. I hope they hit the lottery on those late round picks they got and prove me wrong. I have yet to be proven wrong by the moves this franchise has been making with Tepper steering this ship.

34 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

This should have been expected when CMC went to improve the 49ers to a SB contender. The Rams went after CMC too because they knew he would be the difference. The Panthers felt he was expendable. That  tells you all you need to know about the front office. The Panthers effectively chose to get a handful of mid to late round draft picks to improve a conference team for the foreseeable future. The front office raised the level of difficulty for the Panthers next rebuild.

It's not like winning in the NFL is not hard enough. Let's make it even harder!

Bro, no offense but you sound delusional. I get your point about building a team to compete and CMC going to a NFC team but I am not sure you fully comprehend how far this franchise has sunk, and from being mediocre at that. 

Tepper just said he will still be doing the hiring without any outside help. He will still be calling all the shots. He is refusing any self awareness. He saw what his decisions led to, and somehow concluded he was competent to continue. What the fug do you think this means for us? This is the Browns blueprint.

Meanwhile You’re over here worried about building a team that can handle the forty niners and nfc in what? A playoff game? A championship game? Lol

This team has no HC no QB and no GM and no owner basically. There is zero reason to worry - the Panthers won’t be on the 49ers level or legit playoff level until CMC is about to retire, mark my words.

the trade was a good trade, don’t be mad about some hypothetical that will never be. Look at what actual is. Read between the lines, observe the details and follow the trend. We suck and we suck hard.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

7 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Well when you have a GWD QB who can use CMC effectively in Jimmy G, then you will win many close games if you don't blow teams out.

Who could of had Jimmy G and CMC working together in the offseason? That would be the Panthers.

I give more credit to Shanahan.  I don't think we would be much better with Jimmy G than we are with Mayfield/Darnold/PJ.  

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I give more credit to Shanahan.  I don't think we would be much better with Jimmy G than we are with Mayfield/Darnold/PJ.  

It absolutely is Shanahan! I knew the Panthers had given that mad scientist his final ingredient. I wish the Panthers had a bruiser back to stick in the game in the second half after CMC had the defense shook. Oh wait...

Shanahan pulled a Thanos and ripped the Mind stone out of Vision's head. CMC is the final piece and that team is gonna run the table. The NFL is on notice.

• Pie 1