• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other NFL Games Thread

kungfoodude

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yep. I was driving the tank for Trevor train. If we had Lawrence instead of Darnold, I’d be happy going to the playoffs. They’ve got a young and much more talented team than us, playoff experience is good for them.

I don’t know why this is hard to get. QBs go high, especially potential franchise guys. It’s weird that people don’t want to tank in any way to get a QB but they seem fine with the trade up concept because it’s even better having to give up multiple firsts instead of just having a good enough pick to get a franchise QB.

I wonder if most people in here even realize that one more loss in 2019 and we’ve got Herbert. One more loss in 2020 and we get the 3 first round pick haul from SF instead of Horn.

Just a brain dead mantra of every win is a good win and the brain dead perspective that mantra makes you a better fan. From the perspective of the players, coaches, front office personnel, etc I get it. They have jobs to protect. But from the fan perspective, there comes a point that there is an actual real future competitive disadvantage to winning and that point is when you realize you're not a contender.

It's what sucks about pro sports fandom. In college, there's never a competitive advantage to losing unless you're desperately wanting a coach change. You always want to win. That's just not the case in the pros with the way the draft order works.

• Pie 2