• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lions win

jb2288

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you have a QB you can compete. If you don't you can't. The best chance to land a QB is high in the 1st round.

Some of y'all act like being comically delusional makes you a better fan.

Apparently I'm comically delusional because I don't sit around every Sunday rooting against my team and getting pissed off every damn time we make a good play. I may be comically delusional rooting for our team anyhow but I guess it's better than bitching every time our guys do well. I don't poo on the tanker people so you do you and I will do me.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

We need a franchise QB and a great HC.

HC is possible, franchise QB (in this draft) I doubt it.

I find it funny that so many of you attack the anti-tanking group as if you're right and they are wrong. This team isn't going to tank.  I don't know how you expect them to tank.  Outside of the NBA, most professional sports teams play hard until the last whistle of the season. 

I'm an anti-tanker and hope we win as many games as we can.  The QB position will work its way out. There are several QBs starting to show they can play in this league.  It isn't just Young and Stroud and the rest.    

3 hours ago, ladypanther said:

As a fan, I cannot do that. Tanking sounds like a loser DNA.

See but that’s not how football works, that’s a typical/casual fan approach - to think the NFL and success of the team is cyclical, season after season. If this were the case, teams would cycle coaches every year until finding a winner.

In reality, it isn’t. The cycle is a much longer period/stretch of time. 

Once you have been watching football, not just the Panthers, for a while it’s easy to see. It’s like a long game of chess, and just like chess sacrifices are made to open the game up.

Feel free to think each season is an opportunity at the Super Bowl scrounging through NFL qb rejects, I’m glad you find joy in that. However, to the ‘chess player’ that’s a losers’ DNA and kind of skirts the definition of insanity tbh. But understanding the process and bigger picture, to include necessary sacrifices is not a loser mentality. 

That’s kind of like saying a game of chess cannot be won or played by anyone with a winner’s DNA. It doesn’t make sense. Trying and failing is not the same as winning.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

HC is possible, franchise QB (in this draft) I doubt it.

I find it funny that so many of you attack the anti-tanking group as if you're right and they are wrong. This team isn't going to tank.  I don't know how you expect them to tank.  Outside of the NBA, most professional sports teams play hard until the last whistle of the season. 

I'm an anti-tanker and hope we win as many games as we can.  The QB position will work its way out. There are several QBs starting to show they can play in this league.  It isn't just Young and Stroud and the rest.    

Come on now your more pro tank than the rest of us wanting to trot out Corral next year. Thats 18 good months of tanking 

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

See but that’s not how football works, that’s a typical/casual fan approach - to think the NFL and success of the team is cyclical, season after season. If this were the case, teams would cycle coaches every year until finding a winner.

Once you have been watching football, not just the Panthers, for a while it’s easy to see. It’s like a long game of chess, and just like chess sacrifices are made to open the game up.

Feel free to think each season is an opportunity at the Super Bowl scrounging through NFL qb rejects, I’m glad you find joy in that. However, to the ‘chess player’ that’s a losers’ DNA and kind of skirts the definition of insanity tbh. But understanding the process and bigger picture, to include necessary sacrifices is not a loser mentality. 

That’s kind of like saying a game of chess cannot be won or played by anyone with a winner’s DNA. It doesn’t make sense. Trying and failing is not the same as winning.

This is an insult to ladypanther and it also makes zero sense. Chess pieces don't physically play better or worse than the other ones, it's static pieces, completely unlike a football team with actual human beings with thousands of different reasons why they are where they are and play as well as they do or don't

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

And just like in Chess you play to win.  You don't lose on purpose so you can play an easier opponent.

@Mr. Scot stated.  Wherever your pick is.  Get it right.   Our GM has a scouting team and hopefully they vet all the players based on ability and not hype.   I see several QBs in this draft that could be had in the 2nd round and be as good if not better than the hyped-up players ahead of them. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

38 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

This is an insult to ladypanther and it also makes zero sense. Chess pieces don't physically play better or worse than the other ones, it's static pieces, completely unlike a football team with actual human beings with thousands of different reasons why they are where they are and play as well as they do or don't

It’s not an insult, just as I did not take the comment on a losers DNA as insult as a pro tanker. LP obviously thinks I’m wrong just the same, but I can still explain.

It makes sense if you understand the analogy. I wasn’t referencing a chess piece, rather the moves themselves and purpose behind them.

It’s not about the move, but the entire game and sacrificing a pawn to open up way to win  is not a loser’s strategy and refusing to sacrifice the pawn and losing the game is not a winner’s strategy. 

• Pie 1