• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ has sprain. Baker to start.

ChuckWag78

24 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

We are close, but not quite there yet.

Baker has missed 267 of the 582 offensive snaps. If we project out those 582 snaps for an entire season we get ~989 total offensive snaps. 30% of 989 is 297 snaps meaning the team is about 30 snaps or 1/2 a game away from being "safe". I assume they would just sit Baker week 18 if it came to it.

I got the same. We were right at the threshold and now we put Baker back in.  I hope they are just kicking the tires and want to see Darnold eventually too.  it wouldn't shock me for Mayfield to get 'dinged' and Darnold to get some meaningful snaps.  Not necessarily this game, but down the road.  Hopefully PJ's 'high ankle sprain' is mild--I'm almost certain it is.  😁

1 hour ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

Not to disrupt the apathy train in here, but I am looking forward to seeing Baker playing again. The guy was signed late, had a short time to learn the playbook, and above all else, had Rhule as his HC. Everything has looked better since Rhule left the building, and that included PJ (lest we forget the past seasons with PJ's play). 

I feel like we will see better play from Baker, and even Sam for that matter. The team looks like an actual football team again, and not some junior college team. 

We lost to the Bengals in the first half 35-0.  It was over at the half.  It was the worst beating in football since the 1970's. 

In PJ's first game, he had a negative average depth of target throwing for a total of 60 yards.  PJ threw 5 completions against the Bengals, 2 of them were to the other team for a passer rating 0.0

PJ is what he is. 

This team is what it is. 

We have NOT made some leap in performance.  Anyone saying that didn't watch the Bengals game.

3 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Ravens will beat the poo out of the Panthers I’m sorry to say 

Lamar, draft position 32 in Rd 1, has turned into a beast at QB even with several of his weapons out.   Defense isn’t bad either and they have a kicker who is the best that’s ever been

Ravens 35, Panthers 17

Baker looked like total trash when he was playing 

I can’t wait. An absolute destruction should wake more people up around here, but sadly probably not 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, poundaway said:

We lost to the Bengals in the first half 35-0.  It was over at the half.  It was the worst beating in football since the 1970's. 

In PJ's first game, he had a negative average depth of target throwing for a total of 60 yards.  PJ threw 5 completions against the Bengals, 2 of them were to the other team for a passer rating 0.0

PJ is what he is. 

This team is what it is. 

We have NOT made some leap in performance.  Anyone saying that didn't watch the Bengals game.

Don’t bring that realism in here. The homers want to believe this team is still in the playoff hunt lol. Rhule set the bar that low

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, AlphabetsEnd said:

It's not gonna matter who is under center unless the defense can stop Lamar and company from running all over the place. 

I actually think this is a good match-up for us, especially if Andrews isn't 100%.

While Lamar Jackson is certainly the best runner at the QB position we've faced, we tend to do a good job keeping QBs in the pocket (that is where Brian Burns plays a role because he's able to keep contain better than others due to his athleticism).  Murray only had 26 yards for 12 carries against us, by far his lowest YPC in a game this season.  Overall QBs are averaging 3.1 yards per carry against us.  Not sure about the status of Chinn but if he's back that would help a lot to, but even a guy like Hartsfield could play a role this week as a spy.

Ravens passing game has sunken too.  Lamar over his last 6 games is completing only 61% of his passes with 6 TDs and 4 INTs and a 80.5 QB Rating.

I'm not saying we're going to win this game.  But I'd be willing to bet a lot of money it won't be some kind of blow-out.  Ravens are depleted at receiver and their best offensive player outside of Lamar is banged up, and they field one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

I actually think this is a good match-up for us, especially if Andrews isn't 100%.

While Lamar Jackson is certainly the best runner at the QB position we've faced, we tend to do a good job keeping QBs in the pocket (that is where Brian Burns plays a role because he's able to keep contain better than others due to his athleticism).  Murray only had 26 yards for 12 carries against us, by far his lowest YPC in a game this season.  Overall QBs are averaging 3.1 yards per carry against us.  Not sure about the status of Chinn but if he's back that would help a lot to, but even a guy like Hartsfield could play a role this week as a spy.

Ravens passing game has sunken too.  Lamar over his last 6 games is completing only 61% of his passes with 6 TDs and 4 INTs and a 80.5 QB Rating.

I'm not saying we're going to win this game.  But I'd be willing to bet a lot of money it won't be some kind of blow-out.  Ravens are depleted at receiver and their best offensive player outside of Lamar is banged up, and they field one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. 

I'd like to believe you, but Mixon was not running well until he played Carolina. Lamar's passing has fallen off, for sure. 

Is Andrews hurt? He is a serious weapon, and our second level defense has not been great. and it'd go a long way to keeping it closer if he's not a factor.