• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Allbright: Eagles OC Shane Steichen is the hottest HC candidate out there

Saca312

6 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

Some people just don't get it or their brains do not work to that level. That is 4-D chess to them. I agree, who in the hell with their jobs and livelihood on the line is knowingly going to tank on purpose and take a chance of being tossed aside for piss poor effort or play or coaching etc?

No one thinks the players are actually going to tank. I am essentially rooting against these subpar coaches and players on our team. We know they are fighting for their jobs, but they’re short-term “success” hurts this franchise. So, with all due respect, fug Wilks, PJ, Sam, Baker, McAdoo, YGM, Chuba, Ian Thomas, and Burns

• Pie 1
  • The D 1
  • Poo 2

15 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

No one thinks the players are actually going to tank. I am essentially rooting against these subpar coaches and players on our team. We know they are fighting for their jobs, but they’re short-term “success” hurts this franchise. So, with all due respect, fug Wilks, PJ, Sam, Baker, McAdoo, YGM, Chuba, Ian Thomas, and Burns

Who do you want us to draft? I am assuming a quarterback but who is your guy that you feel will be the franchise changer that you have to have us fail and lose out to the point that you say fug the players and coaches? I see that our short term success in your eyes depends on us getting pick one or two so who is your guy that is the guarantee in this draft?

Edited by YourLastThought
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Oh and since you are fugging the team, with all due respect fug you too.

14 hours ago, Waldo said:

Peters bowed out of our GM search. It happens but others will take any job that is a promotion. It all depends and unless we are operating under the traditional GM/HC structure than it keeps the worst away and be more about pairing those 2. Good pairings bring the best out and bad ones bring absolute crap to the table.

I just want to see a HC who is a football junky and strategist. Offensively minded would be the most stable longterm.

The Niners offered Peters a big raise and the Assistant GM title to draw him back. Not sure they really even needed to though. 

Peters grew up hoping to work for the 49ers. It was his dream job. Hard to complete with that. Also throw in the common belief that Peters is the one actually running the team rather than Lynch

THe guy who more truly took himself out of the process was Ed Dodds.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Niners offered Peters a big raise and the Assistant GM title to draw him back. Not sure they really even needed to though. 

Peters grew up hoping to work for the 49ers. It was his dream job. Hard to complete with that. Also throw in the common belief that Peters is the one actually running the team rather than Lynch

THe guy who more truly took himself out of the process was Ed Dodds.

I forgot about Dodds and Peters' promotion. It does happen.

I have never been a fan of the professional mercenary mentality. Where and with whom are questions I always take a long look at in life. Seems ro not bother other people tho.

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

I forgot about Dodds and Peters' promotion. It does happen.

I have never been a fan of the professional mercenary mentality. Where and with whom are questions I always take a long look at in life. Seems ro not bother other people tho.

Nature of the game, I suppose.

Is there really a process that would take the relational nature of things out of it?

• Beer 1

On 11/15/2022 at 7:43 PM, Jackie Lee said:

What is Reichs general coaching style viewed as? Aggressive/Conservative? I see that he's a major Jesus freak but not much on x's and o's stuff

This is from February of 2021 so it might have changed since then, but this is what they were saying then:

"In ranking the top-10 most aggressive head coaches by Nick Shook of NFL Network, Reich rounded out the list at No. 10.

Reich put his team’s fortunes in the hands of his veteran signal-caller in 2020, trusting Philip Rivers to get the job done in a variety of aggressive categories. He turned to Rivers to convert on fourth down, going for it at the seventh-highest rate of the entire league and converting 17 of 26 attempts. He also put his faith in Rivers when going for two, tying for 11th in two-point conversion attempt rate at 10 percent, and landed 14th and 15th, respectively, in downfield pass percentage (32.2) and total downfield passes (178). This created an interesting balance between aggressive passing and taking the open man, as Indy finished with an air yards to sticks of +0.5, which ranked 27th in the NFL. When Reich could add in rookie Jonathan Taylor’s second-half breakout, it made for a well-rounded offense that could afford to take risks. Defensively, it was more bend but don’t break, with the Colts blitzing at a rate of just 19.1 percent (31st). The offensive-minded Reich put his daring ambitions on the shoulders of the group possessing the ball, and it got Indianapolis back to the playoffs."

• Beer 1

23 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

Statistically speaking the variance of a true number one overall pick versus even a top 10 pick in terms of success rate is better however it is fairly marginal to the point of not understanding our "tanker" crowd and their hell bent position of whining every time our team does well. Its almost comical if i may. Statistically speaking less than half of first round QB's eclipse even a 4,000 yard / 24 TD season. Just about half of those don't even make it to a second contract. Now if you are talking about a first overall QB true number 1 pick then they do get better statistics wise of course that's a given but my whole point is if we don't get this number 1 overall pick it is still very possible to find a great QB. For every amazing franchise changing number 1 overall QB taken one could easily match it with a huge let down taken number 2 overall so unless we get the true number 1 overall pick that discussion is pretty invalid. There is no confusion here at all but thank you for your concern.

“yes, the stats say you’re right, but you gotta understand that maybe it would be better for my argument if they didn’t”

yes, the stats say it’s better to pick high, and yes, the hit rate picking lower in the draft is astronomically lower, and yes, no player at any position is a statistical certainty

yes it is an objective truth that it is preferable to pick higher in the draft

but have you considered what we’d be missing out on?

if this team fails to get to 7 wins, think of all the culture we’ll fail to acquire 

the argument is so hilariously shallow, the extent of it is never anything more than 

“highly drafted QBs aren’t a sure thing”

okay then

what position is a sure thing

What is the impact of that position relative to the impact of a QB

where in the draft are odds for finding a high end quarterback better

what is the advantage of picking lower

what is the exact specific selection that is best to acquire one

Is it preferable to have to trade lots of capital to move up 

or you do you naively believe perennial winners can be built without a QB

i could go on and on with simple logic questions that arise if you prod the argument in even the tiniest way because people willfully blind themselves to the fact that it isn’t about acquiring a sure thing, but observing where in the draft is more likely to yield the required asset because they know full well that to acknowledge this is to watch the argument disintegrate

just admit that this is emotionally based decision and we can all move on, but the insane rationalizing has become comical

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nature of the game, I suppose.

Is there really a process that would take the relational nature of things out of it?

Not at all unfortunately. Seems toxic in the NFL. I get coaching trees and connections matter but any tree will dry up so those guys need to get more comfortable branching out more often.