• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please don’t screw this up

NAS

I'm fine with fans cheering for loses in a season like this, I'm not when it comes from coaches and players. 

I'm more concerned with getting more draft picks than I am where we are picking yet and neither is going to matter for a couple of months anyways. 

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Brady really skews those number. Look at SB QBs the past 10 years or so.

How many 1st rounders do you see? Now take out Brady? How many do you see relative to other rounds?

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/superbowl_quarterbacks/

How many were taken with the top pick vs later on? 

If you don't get the top pick, it doesn't se lem to matter where you get your QB in the first.

And then compare that list with the total number of QBs picked with that first overall pick and also all picked anywhere in the first round. 

There is no guarantee that you'll get that franchise guy with the first overall or at any point in the first.

Basically it doesn't matter where you get the QB in the first round. It's going to be a crapshoot. Just be ready for it.

And in no way am I saying that we shouldn't get a QB in the first. We should. But I think if we don't get that first overall pick, draft BPA and then trade back into the first and get your QB. 

It's a risk, but hell...just drafting a QB anywhere in the first is a gamble.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

If you don't get the top pick, it doesn't se lem to matter where you get your QB in the first.

And then compare that list with the total number of QBs picked with that first overall pick and also all picked anywhere in the first round. 

There is no guarantee that you'll get that franchise guy with the first overall or at any point in the first.

Basically it doesn't matter where you get the QB in the first round. It's going to be a crapshoot. Just be ready for it.

And in no way am I saying that we shouldn't get a QB in the first. We should. But I think if we don't get that first overall pick, draft BPA and then trade back into the first and get your QB. 

it has been proven, with statistics, on this forum, multiple times, that the higher you draft in the 1st the better the hit rate

”dragging a QB” isn’t a gamble.

QBs, like players at every other position, sometimes pan out and sometimes do not.

the difference is that when your QBs pan out you become a perennial playoff contender and when your stud OT or DE or DT or CB pans out you continue to wallow in mediocrity until you get a high end QB

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I am ready for that gamble. 

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Right. 1st overall has a bad record because those guys always go to dysfunctional teams. Also bad teams just pick badly - which is why they are bad teams.

1st round talent is required. I don’t get those who think we can just pull some guy in the 2nd round. The odds are too long. 

This team has a #1 and #3 pick at QB.

We had 3 2,000 yard rushers from college. 

And the Offense still pooed the bed.

Get your Coach and let him pick his QB.

Oh, and let's filter "Tank" to "I don't care about any of that other stuff, I just want the bestest QB." Or something along those lines. Or give them their very own sandbox to play in. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

Play the best football you can. Draft where you draft. Always striving to be the best you are capable is the way. Losing to (hypothetically) "win" is just losing.

Losing begets losing. Winning instills confidence and a sense of achievement, and actual feeling of pride. It is the only way to start a strong culture. Not one person who played sports would utter the word tank. Well, at least you would hope not.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2