• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please don’t screw this up

NAS

Yep. While I will continue to argue that winning this season is meaningless. 
I have pretty much come to team that the team sucks and sucking. 
We will likely be drafting out of the top 5 and other than Stroud or Young no other QB is worth a 1st round pick, or at least not a high one. 
So get read for another JAG QB next year or we better hope Corral plays above his 3rd round status. 
But I don’t have much hope for this. 

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, Captroop said:

My brother in Christ, if you're spending your Sundays in November worrying about a thursday in April I think you need to hear this today:

Let the draft chips fall where they may. Because the one thing that's even less certain than what the draft order will look like next year is which QB at the top of the board will actually emerge as a franchise QB.

Preach GIF

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • The D 1
  • Flames 5

46 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Either way

I would be willing to bet that the raiders move back with some other qb needy team to acquire some picks.  

The Lions have two first rounders. 8 and 11 I think. I’m sure the Raiders would love those.

QBs in the top 10 historically do not win SB championships for the team that drafted them.

You can hope for your Bradshaw, Manning or Aikman, but you'll have more return with a Brady, Wilson, Foles, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Warner, Johnson, Favre, Brees, Montana, Unitas, or Staubach.

1965, 1967, 1970, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1989, 1998, 2004, and 2017 are the 10 drafts that produced a top 10 SB winning QB for the team that drafted them/traded for them on draft day.

2 - 3 - 9 - 3 - 1 - 6 - 11 - 6 - 13 [the year spread between top 10 QBs]

Considering the Mannings are of the same family, you have large gaps in between a top 10 QB who is immediate championship level. We had to wait 11 seasons for the Mannings and then another 13 seasons for Mahomes. The impact of top 10 QBs have been a rare find over the past 3 decades thanks to free agency and rookies only having 3 to 4 years to prove themselves for a new contract since 2011.

I expect the next top 10 QB to win a championship for the team that drafts him to be Arch Manning in the 2027 draft (10 seasons after Mahomes) and then we may not see another until 2040.

Reality hurts. Stop drafting QBs in the 1st round and you will have a better chance of championship success.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

My brother in Christ, if you're spending your Sundays in November worrying about a thursday in April I think you need to hear this today:

Let the draft chips fall where they may. Because the one thing that's even less certain than what the draft order will look like next year is which QB at the top of the board will actually emerge as a franchise QB.

Christianity convinces you that you are broken, so it can be the glue to put you back together.

portals GIF

• The D 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1