• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper does have his positives

ChuckWag78

1 hour ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Yeah but what about Rock Hill?

So you're mad how Tepper handled the rock hill project? 

I guess it would be pretty cut and dry, if the other partners in that project upheld their end of the deal, but they did not.  So now Tepper be damn for protecting his and the Carolina Panthers interest?

Sounds like hypocritical bullshit to me. 

Not sure why the rich have to be hated so much. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

The problem the Raiders have is Mark Davis is not a billionaire.  I think he has the lowest net worth of any NFL owner (excluding the Packers), somewhere around $500M.  That is hard assets and cash, not just cash to throw around.  As far as I know, his only revenue stream is Da Raidahs. 

McDaniels' contract terms have never been released, but he made $4M a year as OC in NE, and it was reported he would make "substantially more" in Vegas.  They were paying Gruden $100M/10 years.  I don't think anybody knows how that was structured (rumored to be back loaded) and what, if anything, the Raiders are paying Gruden because there are so many "ifs" in how he left. 

But, McDaniels could be making more per year than The Process, and given his first stint as a HC, he was probably as big of a risk.  Maybe bigger.  McDaniels was 0 for 1 and the 1 was a huge crash and burn.  That was why I didn't want the Panthers anywhere near him.

It is possible that firing McDaniels would mean they were paying $15 - 20M/year on HC that no longer coach.  That makes Tepper's gaffe of paying The Process $8M/year to watch reruns of Gilligan's Island seem like a steal. 

I only wish they would have paid Rhule to not coach the Panthers before he started coaching the Panthers!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Mark Davis Sport GIF by UFC

How could a billionaire with a kids bowl cut get into a situation like this? 

Lolz...in Vages with a new expensive stadium. I don't feel one bit of pity for anyone dumb enough to hire McDanials as a HC with his history. 

He kinda looks like the Pillsbury Doughboy with a bad haircut. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

27 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I guess it would be pretty cut and dry, if the other partners in that project upheld their end of the deal, but they did not.  So now Tepper be damn for protecting his and the Carolina Panthers interest?

triggered much?

There is no hate from my six word sentence. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Yeah but what about Rock Hill?

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

This is the same guy that moved from New Jersey to Florida and ruined New Jersey's budget because they thought they could squeeze a few more cents out of him.

fug with Tepper's money at your own peril.

Edited by thunderraiden

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

He kinda looks like the Pillsbury Doughboy with a bad haircut. 

He looks like the Pillsbury Doughboy's dad who forced himself on a freshly popped roll of biscuts resulting in that tragic but delicious little demon that giggles when you finger him in his belly.

• Pie 2