• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers’ Jaycee Horn still leading all starting CBs in this stat

Ocpanthertew714

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/16/panthers-cb-jaycee-horn-passer-rating-week-11/

Interesting read and he should be an all-pro consideration.

"Less than 24 hours ago, we here at Panthers Wire brought the 2021 NFL draft back into question. With Chicago Bears quarterback Justin Fields starting to break out in 2022, we asked if passing on the former Ohio State University star was the right move for Carolina.

Well, whether it was or not, they did. Instead, they ended up with another guy who’s been awfully good as well this season.

That guy is cornerback Jaycee Horn, who’s in the middle of a breakout of his own. And, through 10 weeks of play, he’s allowed the lowest NFL passer rating—per Pro Football Focus—of any starting cornerback."

• Pie 5
  • The D 1

I would still take Horn over Fields.

Horn is a stud and hopefully will play his entire career here.

Can’t help but think Rhule would still be here if we took Fields and we’d be riding them both to the bottom. 

Edited by 1989
  • Pie 9

7 minutes ago, 1989 said:

I would still take Horn over Fields.

Horn is a stud and hopefully will play his entire career here.

Can’t help but think Rhule would still be here if we took Fields and we’d be riding them both to the bottom. 

I agree.

But the fan in me kinda wishes that I got to see his razzle dazzle qb play in a Panther's uniform. Will that amount to a ring? Who knows? Too early to tell. 

But I'm happy that we got our stud cb for years to come! 

Kinda off topic but wassup with the "illness" lately... 

That run stopping DE we picked up has been off the scene due to an illness...

Derrick Brown comes out the game because of an illness 

Luvu...illness 

Nixon...illness 

Burris...illness

Wth is going on in the locker room besides ping pong? 

Back to topic: If only we could have kept Bradberry to pair with Horn.

This is still technically Jaycee's first season and If he's such a problem now, when he hits his prime we might have a perennial All-Pro on our hands. 

Between Brown, Jaycee, Burns, Chinn and Luvu we actually have some pretty good peices to build around on defense. 

Edited by ColumbusCounty
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's not Horn's fault that we picked him over Fields and I'm not gonna hold that against him.

Wth that said, Fields should've absolutely been the pick and it was painfully obvious at the time.

This is correct. The blatant homerism of this site to claim a CB is better than a franchise QB is dumbfounding and embarrassing.

Albeit a bit early to know but Fields is trending up after a rough start which was the unanimous analysis/prediction after all.

Edited by onmyown

1 hour ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Kinda off topic but wassup with the "illness" lately... 

That run stopping DE we picked up has been off the scene due to an illness...

Derrick Brown comes out the game because of an illness 

Luvu...illness 

Nixon...illness 

Burris...illness

Wth is going on in the locker room besides ping pong? 

Back to topic: If only we could have kept Bradberry to pair with Horn.

This is still technically Jaycee's first season and If he's such a problem now, when he hits his prime we might have a perennial All-Pro on our hands. 

Between Brown, Jaycee, Burns, Chinn and Luvu we actually have some pretty good peices to build around on defense. 

It's called the flu

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

It's called the flu

So you telling me Anderson has had the flu for damn near 2 months?. Shitty antibiotics I guess.  

And Derrick Brown caught a variant of this same flu mid game... but stood on the sidelines helmet free talking to the players??? 

World class athletes whose immune systems, Im assumeing should be far superior to that of the average person. You could probably add up all the Covid cases we've had since 2020 and it wouldnt top the amount of illness caught by our players since Week 1. 

I don't know if its influenza, covid or staphylococcus ... but its strange...and extremely consistent week to week.