• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

World Cup 2022

Ja  Rhule

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I like our squad, not a whole lot of changes I’d make.

Pepi for Jesus, anyone except Long and Malik Tillman for Roldan or Morris. Berhalter just too stuck on his mediocre MLS guys

Edited by MtnJax
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

Pepi for Jesus, anyone except Long and Malik Tillman for Roldan or Morris. Berhalter just too stuck on his mediocre MLS guys

I had Steffen over Johnson, Tillman over Roldan, Pepi over Ferreira, and Pefok over Morris.

Unfortunately, Long has to be on the roster. Robinson and Richards are hurt and Berhalter hates Brooks. Our CB depth is atrocious. Maybe you take McKenzie over Long but regardless, the depth is still horrid.

If I had to put together a depth chart for the current roster, I’d go:

GK - Turner, Horvath, Johnson

RB - Dest, Yedlin, Moore

RCB - Zimmerman, Long

LCB - Ream, Carter-Vickers

LB - Robinson, Scally

CDM - Adams, Acosta

CM - McKennie, Roldan

ACM - Musah, de la Torre

RW - Aaronson, Reyna

ST - Weah, Sargent, Wright, Ferreira

LW - Pulisic, Morris

I think Weah gets the surprise start at striker, I just don’t see a way that you can start Sargent, Wright or Ferreira. Even though Weah isn’t a pure striker, I think you have to try your best to put the best 11 on the pitch. Reyna, Sargent, Wright, and Acosta (if we are trying to protect a lead) all provide decent depth off the bench.

I am far from a super fan but I very much enjoy the World Cup. I keep thinking I can be a better fan so maybe this year I can learn more.

I know the controversy over the current site is old news but I found the Netflix series very interesting and keep learning more about the issues and the teams this year.   

Really looking forward to it but wonder what regular fans thought of the documentary? 

Ecuador should come out on top of Qatar in this one.

Enner Valencia is in great form right now, he’s been a goal scoring machine at Fenerbahçe (Turkish League). Moisés Caicedo is also a breakout candidate for Ecuador, he’s been playing really well in the midfield for an overachieving Brighton (EPL) team. A good World Cup could see him moving on to a bigger club. Former Charlotte FC midfielder, Alan Franco, is on the bench for Ecuador.

Nice start for Ecuador, up 2-0 at the half. Valencia with both goals (one from the penalty spot). Nothing better than seeing a third world country show up one of the wealthiest countries in the world (though it was expected).

As for the disallowed goal, I understand the explanation, I refereed soccer for 15 years, however, the explanation doesn’t match what my eyes are seeing. Maybe someone else sees it different than I do.

Edited by MillionDollarCam