• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

World Cup 2022

Ja  Rhule

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Nice start for Ecuador, up 2-0 at the half. Valencia with both goals (one from the penalty spot). Nothing better than seeing a third world country show up one of the wealthiest countries in the world (though it was expected).

As for the disallowed goal, I understand the explanation, I refereed soccer for 15 years, however, the explanation doesn’t match what my eyes are seeing. Maybe someone else sees it different than I do.

I reffed for a few years, but long ago. Correct me if I’m wrong, but offsides is dependent on where the player was when the ball was played correct? In this case the player deemed offsides was well onside at the time the ball was played 

Just now, MtnJax said:

I reffed for a few years, but long ago. Correct me if I’m wrong, but offsides is dependent on where the player was when the ball was played correct? In this case the player deemed offsides was well onside at the time the ball was played 

Right, that’s where I’m confused as well. They keep showing the players leg in an offside position but the Ecuadorian player was well onside when the ball was originally played. Hopefully goal differential doesn’t end up deciding their fate. I suspect that Netherlands will advance along with the winner of Ecuador and Senegal.

On 11/18/2022 at 6:50 AM, Harbingers said:

Why did FIFA pick Qatar again? This thing sounds like a poo show before it even started. 

Check out FIFA Uncovered on Netflix. They've been taking bribes to host the World Cup going back decades. Pretty sure the only reason it got investigated is because we were mad we lost a legitimate bid.

• Pie 1

FIFA is corrupt and the world cup is rigged. Only reason Qatar has the tournament to begin with is because they bribed french officials by buying a large amount of weapons from them 

USA game was officiated like the game was rigged from the start. FIFA is garbage and it's not fun to watch something so blatantly rigged. 

7 minutes ago, hepcat said:

FIFA is corrupt and the world cup is rigged. Only reason Qatar has the tournament to begin with is because they bribed french officials by buying a large amount of weapons from them 

USA game was officiated like the game was rigged from the start. FIFA is garbage and it's not fun to watch something so blatantly rigged. 

If you have to build the entire infrastructure to host the tournament you shouldn't be an option. Same with Olympics 

16 hours ago, hepcat said:

The ref sucked but we win that if Zimmerman didn't commit the dumbest foul I've ever seen 

• Pie 1

Anybody watching and supporting this event has given their tacit approval to the corruption and human rights violations behind it all.

I've already seen multiple television stations talking about the human rights issues behind the construction all stadiums, then watched the same networks' sports segments posting scores and upcoming match schedules.

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Anybody watching and supporting this event has given their tacit approval to the corruption and human rights violations behind it all.

I've already seen multiple television stations talking about the human rights issues behind the construction all stadiums, then watched the same networks' sports segments posting scores and upcoming match schedules.

I bet each and every one of us supports something in their life that can be traced to something corrupt. Unless you consider your self a high and mighty perfect human. Which no one is.

That said, damn the Messis, I mean Argentina blew it today. Good thing it's not the knock out stage! Excited for US/ENG Friday though I'm pretty sure that's an L for the good guys.

13 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I bet each and every one of us supports something in their life that can be traced to something corrupt. Unless you consider your self a high and mighty perfect human. Which no one is.

Except this is on a global level. A lot of countries- the United States included- doing the collective hand-wringing over human rights abuses, while at the same time fully endorsing sending a team to compete.

Would be more than willing to bet a lot of money there are fans who paid major dollars to attend who also have the same opinion of the human rights issues here, but deciding it's okay to set it aside for a fugging game.  

On 11/23/2022 at 8:45 AM, Anybodyhome said:

Except this is on a global level. A lot of countries- the United States included- doing the collective hand-wringing over human rights abuses, while at the same time fully endorsing sending a team to compete.

Would be more than willing to bet a lot of money there are fans who paid major dollars to attend who also have the same opinion of the human rights issues here, but deciding it's okay to set it aside for a fugging game.  

Please tell me what device you are posting from? I'm not saying you're wrong about the human rights  just want to see which sweat shop your product has ties to