• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

World Cup 2022

Ja  Rhule

I’ve seen it said elsewhere and I kinda believe it, but the fault with Gregg is he is trying to force a “system” and get the players to play that instead of taking in the best players and forming a system around their strengths like other national teams do. I think we’re one of the few teams that plays the same formation every game. Dest and Robinson would be better served in a system with a back 3 so they can push a play higher. Gregg should be let go and bring in someone who is going to make best use of all the players in the pool. Fererra showed he’s not a WC caliber forward because he can’t be physical at the 9 position. They’ve got 3.5 years to figure it out

58 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

I’ve seen it said elsewhere and I kinda believe it, but the fault with Gregg is he is trying to force a “system” and get the players to play that instead of taking in the best players and forming a system around their strengths like other national teams do. I think we’re one of the few teams that plays the same formation every game. Dest and Robinson would be better served in a system with a back 3 so they can push a play higher. Gregg should be let go and bring in someone who is going to make best use of all the players in the pool. Fererra showed he’s not a WC caliber forward because he can’t be physical at the 9 position. They’ve got 3.5 years to figure it out

We have no one that strikes fears in defenders. I've seen enough from Pulisic to know he doesn't have the power to challenge anyone from outside about 10 yards from goal. Our attack is predictable and pretty easily defended 

This is success for US Soccer, whether you like it or not.  Getting to the knock out stages of the World Cup is the best they will ever do until the sport evolves and it's no longer a bunch of women flopping and pussy footing around a field.  

Little boys don't grow up hoping for fame and glory based on a referee giving them a free kick because they were able to win an Oscar for best fake foul or hand ball.  They grow up wanting to dunk on people, truck stick people, and hit homeruns off people.

Imagine Cam Newton playing soccer, or Lebron James playing soccer, or Aaron Judge playing soccer.  It would never happen, because those players definitive athletic advantage would immediately be compromised by the fact that every time they brushed another player said player would fall down and it would be a foul.

Until US Soccer convinces the rest of the world to play soccer like men, and not like a bunch of bitches, the majority of kids in the US will refuse to embrace a sport where the softer you are the better you are.  There isn't another sport that rewards that.

I like soccer a lot, I would love for this country to dominate in the sport, but it will never happen.      

7 minutes ago, JVic said:

This is success for US Soccer, whether you like it or not.  Getting to the knock out stages of the World Cup is the best they will ever do until the sport evolves and it's no longer a bunch of women flopping and pussy footing around a field.  

Little boys don't grow up hoping for fame and glory based on a referee giving them a free kick because they were able to win an Oscar for best fake foul or hand ball.  They grow up wanting to dunk on people, truck stick people, and hit homeruns off people.

Imagine Cam Newton playing soccer, or Lebron James playing soccer, or Aaron Judge playing soccer.  It would never happen, because those players definitive athletic advantage would immediately be compromised by the fact that every time they brushed another player said player would fall down and it would be a foul.

Until US Soccer convinces the rest of the world to play soccer like men, and not like a bunch of bitches, the majority of kids in the US will refuse to embrace a sport where the softer you are the better you are.  There isn't another sport that rewards that.

I like soccer a lot, I would love for this country to dominate in the sport, but it will never happen.      

Think it has more to do with there being more options for athletics in the States. Little kids in Brazil don’t go up with the option of playing football, baseball, or even hockey. It’s soccer or basketball… America has more options and kids grow up with football or basketball being on the tv.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Think it has more to do with there being more options for athletics in the States. Little kids in Brazil don’t go up with the option of playing football, baseball, or even hockey. It’s soccer or basketball… America has more options and kids grow up with football or basketball being on the tv.

This is the answer.  No doubt we should be better overall but the best athletes in the US are playing other sports

Even for women, soccer has more athletes playing the sport.  We see the results 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

29 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Don't disagree, but I think you are explaining why the rest of the world is more skilled / technical than us, not why our best athletes don't play soccer. Little kids in America can grow up to be ANYTHING they want (regardless of options), they aren't choosing soccer.  I think my theory is why.

Edited by JVic

18 minutes ago, Shocker said:

This is the answer.  No doubt we should be better overall but the best athletes in the US are playing other sports

Even for women, soccer has more athletes playing the sport.  We see the results 

See my response above. 

If Greggggg is retained, watch him switch his entire system to a double pivot midfield because France and Brazil are both running rough shot through the WC with a 4-2-3-1 at the moment. Gregg gonna look at the Barcelona model like it’s old and busted