• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Homers and "true fans": what odds do you give the Panthers to beat Baltimore this Sunday?

6 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

The tankers who get all pissed off and bent out of shape when our team we root for wins should probably be happy this week in that odds are we will lose. Hard to believe you all sit around pissed off every time we win or do well as a team but whatever floats your tanks.

tank GIF

Losses help this team. Wins do not. There is no winning culture to build off of because very likely a new culture next year will reset everything. 
Never believed in winning for next year either. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan

8 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

We had posters on here earlier in the season suggesting you weren't a "true fan" if you didn't throw your full support behind Matt Rhule.

Most of those guys seem to be kinda laying room right now 😕

That's a pretty disingenuous spin...I'm pretty sure that was specifically for the people who wanted us to lose from the start of the season just to facilitate Rhule's firing.  They would rather us have lost, because winning would have made it more likely that Rhule would keep his job.  Then it just basically boils down to the same "tanking" vs. "rooting for wins" argument that people are having for the draft, i.e. "would you actively root for your team to lose in hopes that it might produce a better long-term outcome down the line"?  And that's a reasonable philosophical debate topic right there.  Not "if you don't root for Matt Rhule, you're not a true fan!!!" like you're suggesting lol.

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

That's a pretty disingenuous spin...I'm pretty sure that was specifically for the people who wanted us to lose from the start of the season just to facilitate Rhule's firing.  They would rather us have lost, because winning would have made it more likely that Rhule would keep his job.  Then it just basically boils down to the same "tanking" vs. "rooting for wins" argument that people are having for the draft, i.e. "would you actively root for your team to lose in hopes that it might produce a better long-term outcome down the line"?  And that's a reasonable philosophical debate topic right there.  Not "if you don't root for Matt Rhule, you're not a true fan!!!" like you're suggesting lol.

Nah 😄

My comment wasn't about the thread itself. Just mentioning that we had some yahoos earlier in the season posting about how you weren't a fan if you didn't support Rhule.

Those guys are gone of course, but people do still continue to post dumb sh-t. The post I'm responding to here is a good example.

• Beer 1

I don't have a great feeling about this one.  I would say the Panthers chances are no better than 15%.  The Ravens are a pretty solid team.

Mayfield's history against the Ravens is no help.  As @grimesgoat said, his teams are 3-5 against the Ravens with a random sampling of close games and butt kickings.  His stats against them are pretty close to his career average, probably just a tick under. 

They are learning how to win since The Process left and Wilks took over, but our wins are against NFCS teams.  What remains to be accomplished is to learn how to win against good teams, which the Saints, Falcons, and Bucs (at least when we played them) were not.

There is a first time for everything, hence the 15%.  The planet will not spin backwards if the win, but it may stutter.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

You never know with this team. We haven't seen Baker start since Rhule left and he could be a major boon to the passing game over what we had with Walker. He's been able to sit, observe, and coach without the pressure we started the season with and without that coach.

I'm not sure what happened in Cincinnati, that was easily one of the strangest Panthers games I've ever seen. Coaches either mis-game planned on purpose or...they just wanted to be fired.

I expect us to come out and play inspired. The team has really gelled more than any Panthers squad I remember and now we have Baker, who has a lot of experience against this Ravens team, starting.

We will see. 13 points is a huge spread in the NFL and rarely is that covered. I'd expect the game to be within 10 points and the Panthers may even be able to win. There is no pressure to win when everyone expects you to lose. All of that pressure will be on the Ravens.

7 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Baker will be benched by halftime after 2 pick 6's. Sam comes in to throw 3 TD's and beings the team back from disaster to win the game.

Is that homer enough for you?

J/k. We will get creamed. The Baker prediction will be close however. 

We should take side bets on batted passes with Mr ‘Run parallel into the Edge Rusher’ Mayfield.   What a disappointment this guy has been.  It’s like he has PTSD in the pocket worse than Darnold

Anyway, the Panthers do have a mini bye with a few days of extra rest and prep however:

Ravens 35. Panthers 21.    Too many horses to try and run with the Ravens 

having watched them the past several weeks, like most playoff teams, they are getting better and better and healthier at the right time.   

ravens are going to complete heavily with the Chiefs and Bills for that AFC Crown 

• Pie 1