• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is baker the worst QB we have had?

Panthers Fan 69

On 11/20/2022 at 4:45 PM, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I’ve seen enough. I’ve had enough. 

PJ Walker, Chris Weinke, David Carr, bad Jake Delhomme, bad Cam Newton, Jimmehhhh the Clawson Clausen...those are just a few off the top of my head.

It doesn't matter who the QB is. If we had Patrick Mahomes pre-Andy Reid in this offense with the weapons and coaching we have we'd be talking about how bad he is.

All of the QB's are going to suck against decent teams right now because we have no push up front and our receivers can't create separation.

Shi Smith alone fumbled, muffed, and caused an interception last week. Call it growing pains, call it just not being NFL material, but he was bad. It's time to open the downfield play action game where Baker and Sam thrive and put in Rashard Higgins.

Baker isn't a nickel and dimer, Baker is a gunslinger type who throws it 20 to 30 yards downfield. Square peg meets round hole.

Sam Darnold is making 19M this year. Baker is not a reason for Sam not to at least EARN some of that paycheck.

Until PJ gets back Sam should start. You guys are complaining but I was going into the season holding my nose at QB, especially after Young Lion was IR'd.

There is no great choice at QB. Sam can win you a couple games though. Despite what the Baker Bros think, Sam IS a better QB than Baker.

It was obvious in camp, preseason, etc. Rhule just couldn't resist his insane desire for another wayward QB.

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

PJ Walker, Chris Weinke, David Carr, bad Jake Delhomme, bad Cam Newton, Jimmehhhh the Clawson Clausen...those are just a few off the top of my head.

It doesn't matter who the QB is. If we had Patrick Mahomes pre-Andy Reid in this offense with the weapons and coaching we have we'd be talking about how bad he is.

All of the QB's are going to suck against decent teams right now because we have no push up front and our receivers can't create separation.

Shi Smith alone fumbled, muffed, and caused an interception last week. Call it growing pains, call it just not being NFL material, but he was bad. It's time to open the downfield play action game where Baker and Sam thrive and put in Rashard Higgins.

Baker isn't a nickel and dimer, Baker is a gunslinger type who throws it 20 to 30 yards downfield. Square peg meets round hole.

Baker doesn't allow plays to develop and has absolutely no pocket mobility. I've seen PJ sidestep rushers or sidestep into another throwing lane because hands are up.

7 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Sure they do. Baker is mojoless and can't get the ball down the field. You watched the game, right?

Time to give Darnold a start. Well, might as well. He's the third QB in the room and the other two guys aren't doing it. Chances are he won't either, but you've got to roll the dice they hand you.

You’re trying to multiple zero by zero and come up with a positive number.

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

You’re trying to multiple zero by zero and come up with a positive number.

Nope just trying to see all of the options under the same light. PJ performed better without Rhule and with the improved line. Mayfield performed the same as he did before. We have no idea how Darnold will perform, although we are throwing millions at him on the bench. If he plays really well, we will all be completely surprised. If he plays badly, we'll all know that he's the same as before and still get a high draft pick. If he plays mediocre, then we know he's not our starter for sure, but might be a backup if he's willing to take a small paycheck for it.

That's not multiplying zeros, that's making sure you aren't throwing something away that might have a tiny bit of value in it considering that you've already paid for it.

I mean, what do you think we're going to do over the next few weeks? Lure Aaron Rodgers away or get Elway to come out of retirement? Maybe give Chris Weinke another shot? 

Jump Destroy GIF by WorldofTanks

Edited by Khyber53
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

i'm freely admitting...thought mayfield was the spark we needed to possibly turn the corner to be competitive .....hes horrible at best.... listen to @Jon Snowfrom now on...

Brother don't listen to me. I'm just an amateur at this stuff. The only advice I would give you is to tune out the "professional media know-it-alls".  Also, I have a habit of noticing things most folks never even consider.  I'm weird like that.

• Pie 2

28 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Brother don't listen to me. I'm just an amateur at this stuff. The only advice I would give you is to tune out the "professional media know-it-alls".  Also, I have a habit of noticing things most folks never even consider.  I'm weird like that.

...I was listening to my inner Browns fan but in retrospect, he had the 2 best backs in the NFL...OBJ, an above average oline and a good surrounding cast of WR's and couldn't get it done, thus, Watson. Also, except for Cam i went against my analytics... which is no Heisman and no qb from OSU....u pegged it.

Edited by Pimpdaddy
  • Beer 1