• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If season ended today which QB would you take.

Panthercougar68

9 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Young and then Stroud.  I'm not drafting Levis.

Coin flip on Young and Stroud for me. Also not liking Levis at all, but I've got a feeling we'll be drafting him and then winding up drafting a QB again in 2024 when we realize he's Pickles 2.0

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Richardson is the guy I actually want no parts of. Everything about him says huge bust. If he is smart he goes back to school and really doubles down on improving as a passer. It's fine to be a big athlete with a great skill set but you have to actually be able to pass the ball effectively at an NFL level. Currently he is arguably the worst QB in the SEC, which isn't a good starting point.

I would DEFINITELY take KJ Jefferson over Richardson. To me that isn't even a real discussion. Jefferson is worlds better than Richardson.

KJ Jefferson is the one I'm most interested in value wise. If he's a day 3rd round pick jump in and get him asap.  1st round nah, but he seams to be flying way under the radar. I have him right there with Penix, one is getting a 1st round grade, one is not (yet). I'm not sold either is a real day 1 guy but meh QBs get over drafted on the regular.

Think you are a little over the top on Richardson being the worst in the SEC. If you can harness that guy, he's run away the guy with the best skill set in the draft. But idk. I'm with you, go back might fit for him. Then again he may get a 1st round grade and bolt cause 5 years of rnd 1 money (and the label which gets most a 2nd contract regardless) would be really hard to pass up.

• Beer 1

45 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Trade out. Get more picks... so we can land players like this:

I like him, but I think he will go in the top 6 and we will be picking in the 10-12 range.  I think the guy we end up with and the guy that will help this team more than any other is Michael Mayer.  Maybe its because I just watched what Kelce can do last night, but a big pass-catching stick-moving TE is desperately needed.

• Pie 1

Just now, chbright said:

KJ Jefferson is the one I'm most interested in value wise. If he's a day 3rd round pick jump in and get him asap.  1st round nah, but he seams to be flying way under the radar. I have him right there with Penix, one is getting a 1st round grade, one is not (yet). I'm not sold either is a real day 1 guy but meh QBs get over drafted on the regular.

Think you are a little over the top on Richardson being the worst in the SEC. If you can harness that guy, he's run away the guy with the best skill set in the draft. But idk. I'm with you, go back might fit for him. Then again he may get a 1st round grade and bolt cause 5 years of rnd 1 money (and the label which gets most a 2nd contract regardless) would be really hard to pass up.

Richardson is a huge project. More of a project than even Corral was. We have zero use for that currently

Jefferson I do like quite a bit but, again, not a day one starter for sure.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Richardson is a huge project. More of a project than even Corral was. We have zero use for that currently

Jefferson I do like quite a bit but, again, not a day one starter for sure.

We gotta stop thinking we can find a quick fix. Take the guy we think can become the best NFL QB, not necessarily the guy we think will be the best rookie QB.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Coin flip on Young and Stroud for me. Also not liking Levis at all, but I've got a feeling we'll be drafting him and then winding up drafting a QB again in 2024 when we realize he's Pickles 2.0

Levis is most likley going to be the top QB taken. Scouts are going to use the exotic NFL run scheme offense KY tries to run, injuries and lack of support on the offensive line as reasons to why Levis struggled this year. 

FOs are going to fall in love with Levis' tangibles, and if he crushses interviews.. then he will be the guy at 1 for the Texans.

6 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

The Richardson interest is baffling. Surely he needs to stay in school? Or even transfer somewhere he can develop?

I was baffled by the Josh Allen hype too. Like Allen, all the physical tools are there. It just comes down to whether or not you think he has the right mental makeup and can be developed similarly.

I have no idea. That's the part that is fans are pretty much clueless on. That part of the evaluation comes down to the interviews, talking to coaches, teachers, teammates, etc.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We gotta stop thinking we can find a quick fix. Take the guy we think can become the best NFL QB, not necessarily the guy we think will be the best rookie QB.

Then KJ Jefferson definitely needs to be in that mix. I think he will fly up boards once the reg season is over unfortunately. He gets Cam comparisons for his hard to bring down runs and shimmy when he runs, but he doesn't have the top gear Cam had. Also he isn't leading Arkansas to a championship, he's not that polished as yet, and honestly not Cam's top 99.99% athletic talents (vick is maaaybe the only guy that I've seen more wow out of as a runner and how the ball jumped out of his hand but he couldn't harness it). Imo, as a runner Jefferson is a shorter Josh Allen. Big, strong, but not going to just outrun everyone. Run you over and push a pile yes.

Imo, that's the big difference in Richardson and Jefferson. One has the top gear to house almost anywhere on the field one doesn't. If Jefferson progresses a little more as a passer, he's your guy.

Both have much much higher ceilings than Corral. All three need 1+ year to get on the big stage as a starter.

Edited by chbright
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, chbright said:

Then KJ Jefferson definitely needs to be in that mix. I think he will fly up boards once the reg season is over unfortunately. He gets Cam comparisons for his hard to bring down runs and shimmy when he runs, but he doesn't have the top gear Cam had. Also he isn't leading Arkansas to a championship, he's not that polished as yet, and honestly not Cam's top 99.99% athletic talents (vick is maaaybe the only guy that I've seen more wow out of as a runner and how the ball jumped out of his hand but he couldn't harness it). Imo, as a runner Jefferson is a shorter Josh Allen. Big, strong, but not going to just outrun everyone. Run you over and push a pile yes.

Imo, that's the big difference in Richardson and Jefferson. One has the top gear to house almost anywhere on the field one doesn't. If Jefferson progresses a little more as a passer, he's your guy.

Both have much much higher ceilings than Corral. All three need 1+ year to get on the big stage as a starter.

I haven't watched any Arkansas games so I can't really comment.

5 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

The Richardson interest is baffling. Surely he needs to stay in school? Or even transfer somewhere he can develop?

I'm sure some of the interest is people thinking he can be the next Newton or Allen since he is a dangerous runner with a big arm. As was stated earlier, he's a high ceiling boom or bust guy in the NFL. From the games I've seen of his, he generally makes more good plays than bad and his teammates seem to love him. I think he's worth taking a chance on, especially if the team has a good QB coach and is willing to build the offense around him.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Levis is most likley going to be the top QB taken. Scouts are going to use the exotic NFL run scheme offense KY tries to run, injuries and lack of support on the offensive line as reasons to why Levis struggled this year. 

FOs are going to fall in love with Levis' tangibles, and if he crushses interviews.. then he will be the guy at 1 for the Texans.

We can only hope.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1