• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If season ended today which QB would you take.

Panthercougar68

it really doesn’t matter.

the team needs to take on a swing on a QB or all the Prepare the Roster’ing they’ve done is walking out the door, or being traded to San Francisco for mid round picks

if they don’t give it an opportunity to all come together then it really has all been pointless 

6 minutes ago, Mage said:

The same people saying Bryce Young can't play in the NFL are probably the same people who said Devonta Smith couldn't hold up against NFL defenses.

I don't know, wouldn't Young be something like the smallest staring quarterback in decades, and by a large margin? Lots of talk about about his height being wrong too.  He's an exceptional player though.

I'm not going to pass judgment on him yet but I am concerned about his size. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Which is funny because usually you'd be saying that about an Alabama quarterback.

The worry people have about overrating Ohio State quarterbacks playing on rosters that easily steamroll their opponents tends to be a valid one though.

The article I posted by TJ McCreight made an interesting point, that he gave higher marks to quarterbacks at lesser schools because they weren't buoyed so much by the talent around them. I've given that some thought since reading it, and there's an argument to be made.

That sad, I'm still iffy on the main subject of that article (Will Levis).

Yeah Alabama isn't as elite as they usually are.  OSU has an insanely good WR in Harrison JR, but I think the number 2 guy has been hurt for a minute.

I understand if a QB can put up great numbers with lesser talent that's definitely a plus, but I don't see any QBs really doing that this yeah?  Maybe Penix?  Kentucky is going to finish with a similar record they have had under Stoops.

Looking at some of the top young QBs in the NFL, Burrow has a loaded roster in college, Mahomes didn't really elevate Texas Tech as they finished 5-7 his last year.  Herbert didn't elevate Oregon, in fact Oregon kind of held back Herbert.  Tua is looking good, but was also on a loaded team in college.

I guess that's why it is such a hard position to evaluate and no one really has it perfected....

12 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Right, because Clemson, Georgia, and the rest of the SEC don't have NFL size defenses or players🙄

They have a couple. But not all 12 teams have NFL size across the entire D.

In the NFL every player is NFL size.

It very well could be a limiting factor 

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I bet you wouldn't see a huge difference in OL and DL average height/length in the NFL vs. high level P5 college teams.

I suspect you'd see a pretty big difference in how those players are using their height etc though (at least on D). I'm not convinced something kinda irrelevant in college would be the same in the pros in terms of physical stature etc 

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No. Heineke is a solid backup. I don't think it's an awful idea not to force Howell into action before he's fully ready. Especially given that Washington OL.

Taylor is absolutely killing people and the locker room is behind him. They should have gone with him from the start of the season. 

The guy just wins.