• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If season ended today which QB would you take.

Panthercougar68

36 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

If I had to pick today, I’m going Young.

Id be cool with Stroud or Richardson, as well, but Young is my pick. I want no parts of Levis.

Richardson is the guy I actually want no parts of. Everything about him says huge bust. If he is smart he goes back to school and really doubles down on improving as a passer. It's fine to be a big athlete with a great skill set but you have to actually be able to pass the ball effectively at an NFL level. Currently he is arguably the worst QB in the SEC, which isn't a good starting point.

I would DEFINITELY take KJ Jefferson over Richardson. To me that isn't even a real discussion. Jefferson is worlds better than Richardson.

• Beer 3

I doubt we pick in the top 2. If we do, I'd take the best QB available. But my favorite college QB to watch is Cam Ward of Washington state. Before that his junior college was Incarnate Word, where for 2 years, he was coached by Patrick Mahomes former offensive coordinator at Texas Tech. He is extremely talented just raw. He would need to sit for a year, IMO. Being on the West Coast, he is not very well known to fans in NC but is rising up draft boards and could go late 1st.

• Beer 2

40 minutes ago, Cavscout said:

I doubt we pick in the top 2. If we do, I'd take the best QB available. But my favorite college QB to watch is Cam Ward of Washington state. Before that his junior college was Incarnate Word, where for 2 years, he was coached by Patrick Mahomes former offensive coordinator at Texas Tech. He is extremely talented just raw. He would need to sit for a year, IMO. Being on the West Coast, he is not very well known to fans in NC but is rising up draft boards and could go late 1st.

I like Ward a lot, but I think he stays another year. 

• Beer 1

It's way too early to pretend to know for certain. The combine will raise lots of questions and answer other ones. 

Young needs an official measurements but it does not look good on what could have been the best QB by far in this draft. Missing on Young and Stroud may be a blessing for us. A DE and then trade up Richardson is the best case scenario from me right now.

Not a tanker so I really don't feel to need to go out on a limb for any of these guys yet. First they all need to finish their practice careers without getting injured.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Young is further along as a passer, but that can be taught, size can’t.

Wouldn't count on that.

I've seen the "take a super athlete and teach him to be a passer" strategy fail as often as it's succeeded, probably more so to be honest.

I know our buddy Ellis believes in that idea but for me, if they don't have the passing skills already I don't care how athletic they are. I'm not interested.

• Pie 5

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wouldn't count on that.

I've seen the "take a super athlete and teach him to be a passer" strategy fail as often as it's succeeded, probably more so to be honest.

I know our buddy Ellis believes in that idea but for me, if they don't have the passing skills already I don't care how athletic they are. I'm not interested.

Obviously you do have to have a good arm but I think it is more along the lines as a mental aspect to be a great QB. Young has the mental aspect.