• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If season ended today which QB would you take.

Panthercougar68

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

He's the most complete. Has the size and ability. It's still early though and things could change. I will say this though. You can't change Young's size and you can't make the UK QB make better decisions. Stroud has everything except elite speed which no top QB has. 

forced to choose between young and stroud, i'd likely go stroud but i'd be really happy with either. i think stroud has the highest floor between the two but young has the highest ceiling, but aside from a couple distinctions i think they're about the same level of talent. 

stroud has size and he's a better passer. young is a dynamic playmaker. young would be more exciting, but we'd be better off with either of them. 

• Pie 1

I guess if I had to take a QB I would more than likely have to go with Stroud at this point. Young is a great talent but the size obviously scares me away. I realize there have been small QB's but he seems REALLY small and that worries me for his future in the NFL. I hope it works out for him and he proves all critics wrong as im sure he is a good guy but it would scare me away from him just due to the size issue. Stroud seems to check all the boxes except where he plays and how much talent he has been surrounded by. He is good obviously but I always wonder if he just has the best talent in the country around him or if he would just be that great anyhow. Such a tough call and always a gamble either way but I would have to take Stroud.

Edited by YourLastThought

55 minutes ago, rayzor said:

forced to choose between young and stroud, i'd likely go stroud but i'd be really happy with either. i think stroud has the highest floor between the two but young has the highest ceiling, but aside from a couple distinctions i think they're about the same level of talent. 

stroud has size and he's a better passer. young is a dynamic playmaker. young would be more exciting, but we'd be better off with either of them. 

My knock on young is he's 5'11. Drew Brees was 6' and had to navigate the pocket and use ungodly precision to overcome that. I'm not saying he can't be successful but it's going to take some real creativity and work on his part. 

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, Snake said:

My knock on young is he's 5'11. Drew Brees was 6' and had to navigate the pocket and use ungodly precision to overcome that. I'm not saying he can't be successful but it's going to take some real creativity and work on his part. 

A couple of scouts/analysts say he is shorter then that.  

Edited by mrcompletely11