• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If season ended today which QB would you take.

Panthercougar68

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think there is a vast difference between having your boot off and going through a nfl practice.

Boot off typically means 2-6 weeks of recevery window, not 7-8 months. If you are stating August will be the next time he can do anything, thats a pretty wild recovery timeline without any support like a scooter or boot.

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think there is a vast difference between having your boot off and going through a nfl practice.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10019929-saints-qb-taysom-hill-to-undergo-2-surgeries-for-injuries-recovery-timeline-unknown

Looks like Taysom Hill just went through same surgery in Jan 2022, and was at practice in August 2022. So I think its fair to assume that MC9 will be at offseason training camp and OTAs for the 2023 season, considering he had the surgery 2.5 months ago (9/7/2022).

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, KatsAzz said:

A better question might be, who  should the Panthers pick if both Young and Stroud are gone and they are picking #4 or #5 in the 2023 NFL Draft ?

I'm still not convinced both of those guys are off the board at 5 or 6. They will have to ball out from here on out to separate themselves. I'm not ready to say a qb will go 1st overall. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

A better question might be, who  should the Panthers pick if both Young and Stroud are gone and they are picking #4 or #5 in the 2023 NFL Draft ?

If we are absolutely forced to make the pick and can’t trade back? Hope Will Anderson drops to 4, or Jalen Carter. Find out what Gardner Minshew is doing and draft a WR in round 2 or TE. Assuming we get the Eagles OC as our new coach. 

Anderson or Carter would help both Brown and Burns on the line and give the QBs less time to throw, Minshew knows the system that would be coming and could even mentor Corral. Let the new head coach assess the team after one year and if he finds a QB in the draft he likes trade whatever is required to go get him. 

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

That list is not very reassuring.

Lawrence, Burrow, Tua, Murray aren’t bad. Wilson has looked terrible this season. We still don’t know what Lance is. The more recent QBs of the last five years looks much better than the bottom half of that list. But part of this is where they are going and who that team is. The only one I can’t make an excuse for is Lance other than he hasn’t played. The situation he is in is terrific for a QB. The others mostly went to dumpster fires. Well, Tua wasn’t in a bad spot either. That defense was stacked but they had work to do on offense. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Varking said:

Lawrence, Burrow, Tua, Murray aren’t bad. Wilson has looked terrible this season. We still don’t know what Lance is. The more recent QBs of the last five years looks much better than the bottom half of that list. But part of this is where they are going and who that team is. The only one I can’t make an excuse for is Lance other than he hasn’t played. The situation he is in is terrific for a QB. The others mostly went to dumpster fires. Well, Tua wasn’t in a bad spot either. That defense was stacked but they had work to do on offense. 

I’m know you are a Florida guy, how is Richardson doing? I’m reading in places that is is making a lot of progress. I trust your take on him.

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, Martin said:

I’m know you are a Florida guy, how is Richardson doing? I’m reading in places that is is making a lot of progress. I trust your take on him.

Ive watched him a lot this year and he is getting better.  Still has a long way to go but you can see the potential.   I would say roughly 2 throws out of 10 make your jaw drop.  His talent is ridiculous I am just not sure how long it would take to get him up to speed. 

• Pie 2