• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next week's starter

Mr. Scot

48 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

We should play him out the rest of the season.  We know what PJ can do and, well, I'm not as high on Baker as I was in the beginning.  Don't let Baker play anymore so he won't hit the 70% mark.

Let them compete. If the QB can't keep the job by their play then they shouldn't get another week until their next turn. Baker was a dud so next up, which is Sam. 

The truth is we know what all of them are at this point in their careers and it's auditioning for a backup roll  so being able to come off the bench is more valuable than hoping there is some hidden reservoir left to squeeze out of any of them. 

Baker shouldn't get close to the 70% mark with how he is playing. 

• Beer 2

As for snap counts, Mayfield has a tick under 58.25%, Walker about 40.7%, with the rest going to Eason.

The Panthers have run 639 offensive plays thus far, Mayfield has taken 372 of those snaps. 

That gives us an average of just over 58 offensive snaps per game.  If we continue at that rate (and while it is low for the league, is has been pretty consistent), that would give us 988 snaps for the year.  Mayfield would have to get to 692 to hit 70%.  He'd have to have 5 more games at about the league average of plays to hit that mark, or take all the snaps in 5-1/2 games at our average.

Long story short, one more game on the bench should pretty much end the discussion.  Two, if we want to be safe.  Six, if we are going by what he has done when on the field.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I’ve seen enough of McAdoo, who’s hands touch all these bastards. 

McAdoo was the best OC the Rhule regime could recruit. And if that's not the most damning indictment of the waning days of the Rhule tenure, I don't know what is.

He'll be gone next year, and we'll be able to attract someone much more competent now that Rhule is gone and Tepper has been humbled.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Let them compete. If the QB can't keep the job by their play then they shouldn't get another week until their next turn. Baker was a dud so next up, which is Sam. 

The truth is we know what all of them are at this point in their careers and it's auditioning for a backup roll  so being able to come off the bench is more valuable than hoping there is some hidden reservoir left to squeeze out of any of them. 

Baker shouldn't get close to the 70% mark with how he is playing. 

I hope so.

• Beer 1