• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule joins GMFB Tuesday & Wednesday

Ocpanthertew714

It didn't work for him here. I never believed in the guy and he lived up to my warning after Rivera was fired that we might be replacing one guy with a worse guy.

But I don't have any ill will to him now that he's gone. He made a lot of mistakes and his vision wasn't realized here -- or even possible in the pro game. If he's going to be really good, he'll learn from that and change. If not, the college ranks will open up for him again and he can rebuild his reputation.

If he can learn and grow from his own mistakes and shortfalls, then he has an opportunity to get to the NFL and work again. If he gets the chance, he might make some waves then.

He just wasn't ready for this stage in his career. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Screw him. Tell us, Fhule, why you brought in 900 players from Temple and Baylor and treated them wildly different that other, better and more talented, players?  Did you really think that people wouldn't notice that you played favorites and let the team suffer because of it. 

That idiot will never coach in the NFL again. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

This certainly looks like Ruhle doing everything he can to get his name out there and get some PR traction for a big time college job. I bet he isn’t happy with the colleges that have been sniffing around and wants a bigger fish to bite. 

people looking for head coaches have tape at how awful he did here. He’s probably gonna have to get humbled again and realize he ain’t gonna be at a place like Wisconsin or Nebraska and settle for a mid major or very low level P5. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

This certainly looks like Ruhle doing everything he can to get his name out there and get some PR traction for a big time college job. I bet he isn’t happy with the colleges that have been sniffing around and wants a bigger fish to bite. 

people looking for head coaches have tape at how awful he did here. He’s probably gonna have to get humbled again and realize he ain’t gonna be at a place like Wisconsin or Nebraska and settle for a mid major or very low level P5. 

He quite literally won the lottery.  Why in the hell would anyone want that grind of a job having to deal with 17 18 year olds and all that comes with that?  Dude if you want to work do some commentating but even then I would question why.   70 million dollars is a poo ton of money and you could never spend that in 5 lifetimes

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Tbe said:

Watched the entire interview. He doesn’t get it. Hearing him talk about what a NFL coach is and looking at what Sean Payton says it is…very different.

Exactly. NFL coaching is about x's and o's strategy and managing grown men. College is about recruiting and relationship and blah blah. Rhule is not a strategist he just wants to talk and sell his brand. He's not a fit for the NFL. 

• Beer 1

if I was a power 5 school I would be making a hard run at Deion Sanders.  Hard.  Especially in a NIL world.   Would be so easy to get recruits to flood into his school.

I think Sanders probably is in a weird spot though.  In his little time coaching he already has had a big impact with HBCUs.  So there probably is some pressure to stay put for him.   

• Pie 3