• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remember those draft picks for Watson?

NAS

there are two things we need to teach our offensive linemen

1. to start kicking the DL opposite them in the nuts and 
2. to have them trained to pull out assault rifles and immediately open fire on our qb if he dares leave the pocket

based on 2. i don't think lamar is a good scheme fit here

• Poo 10

kidding aside I like Lamar but that's a tough pill to swallow for any QB especially with a big payday due. it's hard to construct a team around a QB if the QB takes up so much of the cap and costed 3 1sts to acquire on top of that. If we're picking high in this draft I'd prefer just swinging at a rookie, having a good young QB on a rookie contract is invaluable in this NFL. 

Edited by beo
  • Pie 4

5 minutes ago, beo said:

kidding aside I like Lamar but that's a tough pill to swallow for any QB especially with a big payday due. it's hard to construct a team around a QB if the QB takes up so much of the cap and costed 3 1sts to acquire on top of that. If we're picking high in this draft I'd prefer just swinging at a rookie, having a good young QB on a rookie contract is invaluable in this NFL. 

Yeah, I get it but this is a competitive playoff team with a QB like Lamar. I think young defensive linemen or wide receivers on a rookie contract are even better value.  Where will you spend money if not on your elite QB/ Most QBs on a rookie contract aren’t winning a super bowl 

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you're a Browns fan, after the preseason you were telling yourself Watson just looked terrible because he was distracted and it was preseason. But after watching Russell Wilson look like Jimmy Clausen in Denver you gotta be straight up shitting bricks at this point. These teams are completely fuged if these QBs they've mortgaged their futures on don't yank their heads out of their asses.

Every away game for him is going to be a nightmare. He'll always be distracted

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, NAS said:

Yeah, I get it but this is a competitive playoff team with a QB like Lamar. I think young defensive linemen or wide receivers on a rookie contract are even better value.  Where will you spend money if not on your elite QB/ Most QBs on a rookie contract aren’t winning a super bowl 

It's just scary to go all in on any one player. A huge contract is one thing. A huge trade is another thing. But the combination of the two is all in. If that guy underperforms or gets hurt you're fuged. No way around it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Free agent QBs who are actually good will avoid this place imo. Even Watson passed on this dumpster fire and he was being accused.... well let's not mention his situation at the time.

We might not have to go all in with a mega-deal if we have a top 2 pick the 2023 draft. Just take CJ or Young and see how it pans out. But yes I'd rather have Lamar for a little less draft capital than Watson.

Ehhhh. I think he’s good but he’s overrated. And Wilson doesn’t look like Clausen lol he looks average. Not elite like expected though for sure. But I’d bet he rebounds next year.

The only times trading for a qb, or even FA that also needs money ever pays off is if you have a good team already. Bucs, rams etc. Broncos failed bc they had like zero offense.

And I wouldn’t say the panthers are a good team. you have the reasons why which include coaching and more importantly ownership.

So in essence, for this to pay off, Tepper would need to get his head of his ass and miraculously hire a good GM who then hires a good HC who wants to come to Carolina over other options, then you need Lamar to say fug everyone but Carolina…

that’s just too much poo that needs to happen, I don’t even think we’d get past step 1 tbh